19 (edited by reo l 2020-09-17 16:32:00)

Re: Royal Tea 23 October 2020

sally12333 wrote:
Inluvwithjoe wrote:
Jean-Charles wrote:

Royal Tea  Target Exclusive CD 

2 Bonus Tracks
  Don't You Do Me No Favours
  Don’t Hand Me Your Hangups

I was just going to post this! Another Target exclusive that no one gets told about!
Why can’t they tell us when it first goes on pre-sale?

Thanks for the info!

I'm with you, Nancy.  These bonus tracks are always a surprise to everybody.  We all know Joe said 4 or 5 albums ago he wasn't going to do the bonus tracks anymore!  Just irks me!  Especially when we do pre-order...

Ugh, I knew it would be a Target version right after I watched conversation with Alice video. it has target logo splashed all over it. Why target, that glorified wolmart shack, why not Barnes&Noble for example....  PS: target scarf around Joe's neck back in January https://www.instagram.com/p/B7jRuc6J3RK/ #ProductPlacement smile

I've been waiting to see if I could preorder the special edition from Target and select "in-store pickup" instead of paying shipping.  I noticed yesterday it was removed from my cart as "out of stock" and I didn't see the special edition available anymore.  That's a shame, but hopefully it'll be possible to get either the special edition or the bonus tracks separately.

21 (edited by reo l 2020-10-04 16:37:53)

new video Royal Tea https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9z5iVNGeRA

"song about Harry"

"Royal Tea"

(Royal tea)
Story about my past and future
(Royal tea)
Had to bow to kiss her
I done give you life
All first class
Let you make your own photographs
Chandeliers and crazy cars
Paid in full with my guitars

(Royal tea)
Wake up in your garden
(Royal tea)
Champagne from the fountain
Bring me back, keep me gone
Reel me in and waste my life all the time
Royal tea

(Royal tea)
And check out your future
(Royal tea)
Gettin' away with murder
Breaking hearts 'round this town
Making fools of all your clowns
Razor's edge, my life's a beam
The likes of which you've never seen

(Royal tea)
Wake up in your garden
(Royal tea)
Royal tea

(Royal tea)
Wake up in your garden
(Royal tea)
Hiding out in your palace
Diamonds dripping from your chalice
The honey's sweet but the bees will sting
At the door of your reckoning

(Royal tea)
Wake up in your garden
(Royal tea)
Royal tea

I pre-ordered using my Target card couple of months ago, got free shipping plus they gave me the "standard" 5% off..
win win..

but I do loose.. I am having it shipped to my brothers house in Buffalo (shipping to Canada was stupid price).. but the borders are closed and will be for some time to come.. we're heading back towards total lock down again

ZeyerGTR wrote:

I've been waiting to see if I could preorder the special edition from Target and select "in-store pickup" instead of paying shipping.  I noticed yesterday it was removed from my cart as "out of stock" and I didn't see the special edition available anymore.  That's a shame, but hopefully it'll be possible to get either the special edition or the bonus tracks separately.

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZyIouoc5pY

"Why Does It Take So Long To Say Goodbye"

Tired of running
I've seen these times before
Desperation
Our candle burns no more
Everything we know
Takes us so far away
Trace your steps back
Don't let 'em guide your way

When I leave
Oh, I leave for good
No coming back
Like you said I would
You crossed the line
Why does it take so long to say goodbye?
Every time

I'm just a castaway
Cast out into the sea
Another rainy night
Tears from the endless fights
Oh, I carried you
Carried you on my own
So take the love you've had
And pretend you always know

When I leave
Oh, I leave for good
No coming back
Like you said I would
You crossed the line
Every time
Say goodbye
Every time

When I leave
Oh, I leave for good
No coming back
Like you said I would
You've crossed the line
Every time
Say goodbye
Every time, yeah...

Although it is a favorable and praising review it made me laugh out laud. Oh, beautiful and intricate use of language ahaha

"is a howl of chirping phlegm thrust against a blooming rock ‘n’ roll background as it bubbles from the cauldron like a stew of rattlesnake root and pepperwort. This is as hot as crucible steel boiled in a volcanic pressure cooker - https://rawramp.me/2020/10/01/joe-bonam … 3Yh76By-V0

Cool, thanks for the heads up.  I'm going to take my chances trying to get the special edition in the store on Oct 23... hopefully they have a copy or two, or they offer (free) in-store pickup pretty soon.

26 (edited by sally12333 2020-10-10 16:32:22)

Thanks Jane, yes I just saw the Target sale price on-line.  Had to look for it though, the full-priced item pops up automatically.

But it said no in-store pick up is available for the pre-order (maybe just my store?), and the shipping was $6.00...nope!

sad

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

New review: http://lifemusicmedia.com/album-review- … CG-8Mlx7kM

reo l wrote:

video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZyIouoc5pY

"Why Does It Take So Long To Say Goodbye"

Tired of running
I've seen these times before
Desperation
Our candle burns no more
Everything we know
Takes us so far away
Trace your steps back
Don't let 'em guide your way

When I leave
Oh, I leave for good
No coming back
Like you said I would
You crossed the line
Every time

I'm just a castaway
Cast out into the sea
Another rainy night
Tears from the endless fights
Oh, I carried you
Carried you on my own
So take the love you've had
And pretend you always know

When I leave
Oh, I leave for good
No coming back
Like you said I would
You crossed the line
Every time
Say goodbye
Every time

When I leave
Oh, I leave for good
No coming back
Like you said I would
You've crossed the line
Every time
Say goodbye
Every time, yeah...

Just oh so fabulous lyrics!!

*Huge Knopfler & Bonamassa fan....
* Mr Kyps, Poole, UK is where Joe played his first ever UK gig in 2005 and was originally my middle school!!!!
*A fully fledged Cardboard 'cut out' audience member at the Ryman Auditorium 20/09/2020

Since it's release day, i was able to order the special edition at target and now get free in-store pickup.  I was going to drive out to Target at noon and check it out, but hard to know if they'd have it in stock since I'm sure each location has very few copies, if they're carrying it in-store at all. Fingers crossed, really looking forward to blasting it in the car on the drive home.

Just a shame there isn't a link to be able to download the album which I thought I had purchased with the Ryman show!Luckily I have Spotify so listened to it on that - if Joe doesn't like Spotify maybe he should ensure his fans can get his music which they've paid for!
Not a happy bunny!

31 (edited by Bonaknopfler 2020-10-23 13:56:05)

Like a few on here as a Ryman VIP I'm still awaiting the download - it won't be sent as an email link but it will be available in your 'watch Joe Bonamassa Live' account.

But hey ho, I've got the 'transparent' Vinyl, Tin CD and HMV exclusive gatefold CD editions to now listen to!!!!! I note my Hand signed CD will be sent in early November....

First impressions and I'm only three tracks in is that this is something rather special!!! The track 'Royal Tea' sounds immense and Joe's vocals are awesome - well done Joe.....

'Why does it take so long to say goodbye' is such an anthem and it's a 'make your hairs stand up on the back of your neck' track - again Joe's vocals are awesome....

Wow, 'Beyond the Silence' solely written by Joe has to be up there for most amazing track on the album..

* Mr Kyps, Poole, UK is where Joe played his first ever UK gig in 2005 and was originally my middle school!!!!
*A fully fledged Cardboard 'cut out' audience member at the Ryman Auditorium 20/09/2020

...aaaaand, I got an automated email saying "item no longer available for pickup at het store you requested."  I guess it's good they let me know before I drove out there.  They did offer free shipping, but I changed to pickup to another store not too much farther, we'll see if that takes.

Got my [embossed tin] copy yesterday..... LOVE IT!!!! Not too sure yet about the opening track and one other, but the boy Bernie Marsden can still write a kicking song or 3....

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

BansheeUK wrote:

Got my [embossed tin] copy yesterday..... LOVE IT!!!! Not too sure yet about the opening track and one other, but the boy Bernie Marsden can still write a kicking song or 3....

The tin is great isn't it? I personally have listened through a few times now and the album really grows on you. Joe's solely written 'Beyond the Silence' is still my favourite.....

http://www.loudersound.com/reviews/joe- … -track?fwa

36 (edited by ZeyerGTR 2020-10-23 09:52:56)

Well, just got the email that the order was cancelled outright.  That stinks.  It will still let you order the special edition, but in-store pickup is no longer an option. On the other hand, the site still says "in stock" at my local store. I'm guessing the site just isn't up to date, but maybe I'll drive out and check it out anyways.