Topic: Livestream lineup...

Was just watching rehearsals for the Sept. 20th livestream and noticed Anton is Not playing the drums??? I wonder why...perhaps he could not get into America because of Covid?? Does anyone know why he wont be playing with the band Sept. 20th???Looks like that Gregg guy who replaced him last summer is on drums with Michael Rhodes on Bass and Reese Wynans on Keys...Plus No horns and a Second Guitar player(Don't know his name) as well are shown practicing...

Re: Livestream lineup...

1 -  Second guitar player is Rob McNelley https://www.instagram.com/p/CD9qDc_JFsu/  https://www.instagram.com/rmcnelley/ He was also a second guitar player on Joe an Beth " Black Coffee" album

2 - I think Anton lives in New York City for many years now

3 - It is still a whole month left before the livestream - so anything could change during it, I wouldn't be panicking yet smile There are a lot of things Joe chooses not to share with his fans, maybe he likes to keep you guessing

4 - i will watch the concert because of Joe. Whoever else he will choose to be around him - doesn't matter to me. HE WILL BE THERE - THAT IS ALL.

Jane H. wrote:

what reo l said
plus maybe Joe needs more practice than Anton wink big_smile
As long as I have been following Joe he doesn't like to perform stuff live he doesn't feel he is ready for
I was just realizing the other day how big a deal it is for him to play the entire new album. How many times have we wanted and wondered about our fave songs he never plays live. I'm stoked even if it wasn't the whole band or they were all remote.
I don't know for sure but I think it will be the whole band. But then again I don't recall if they are all on the album so it might be a different band set up. But it will be Joe and thats the ticket!!

True. It's Joe, that's why we buy the ticket, but the band is really great so IT IS very interesting who plays with him.
It can be very easy. Maybe because they are all Nashvillians. Reese, Michael, Gregg and Joe now too.
He could replace Gregg by Anton later. But for the Rehearsals it is easier to play with Nashville musicians first.
And: It is only a one off Gig and it takes place at Ryman
Did I read it will be recorded for a DVD?

How is this thing supposed to work? Is it You Tube? Netflix? Some other streaming service? Ads say watch on any device but doesn't say how. I live in a rural area with DISH TV and HughesNet. If it is on DISH, I might be able to watch it but HughesNet would be a waste. Watching in hidef on HughesNet would eat up a ton of data as well as severe buffering problems. Standard def would still buffer a lot and not worth the quality loss. Not interested in watching on my PC, laptop or phone.

Bill

Bill

Thanks. I found the FAQ page and reviewed the PPV thread. It appears that there is no way I can watch using my home theater system. Contrary to the advertising there does not appear to be any way to view that concert except by hooking up a laptop to the tv via HDMI and listening through the crappy tv speakers. That plus the buffering problems inherent in Hughesnet means I won't be wasting my time and money trying to watch the concert. I'll wait for the Blu-Ray to come out. Would be nice if were 4K UHD with an ATMOS soundtrack but I'm not holding my breath.

Bill

6 (edited by reo l 2020-09-18 03:42:56)

Lineup on the rehearsal videos: Reese Wynans on keys, Michael Rhodes on base, Greg Morrow on drums, Rob McNelley on second guitar, Jade MacRae and Dannielle De Andrea on back vocals.
Can not wait for Sunday!!!! Anticipation building up to highest levels. So excited!

I really enjoyed it yesterday, my son bought it so we just had to shut down the NFL for a while. The entire band was very tight, loved Rob on all the great fills and slide work. I don't know the names of all the songs yet but will be buying it in short order, probably not from Target

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

bluesky636 wrote:

Thanks. I found the FAQ page and reviewed the PPV thread. It appears that there is no way I can watch using my home theater system. Contrary to the advertising there does not appear to be any way to view that concert except by hooking up a laptop to the tv via HDMI and listening through the crappy tv speakers. That plus the buffering problems inherent in Hughesnet means I won't be wasting my time and money trying to watch the concert. I'll wait for the Blu-Ray to come out. Would be nice if were 4K UHD with an ATMOS soundtrack but I'm not holding my breath.

Just a quick question, why can’t you just connect a laptop to your home theater via hdmi?