Topic: 1959 or 1960?

Hi!

I have a question about the song 'Someday After Awhile" during the Live in Amsterdam concert with Beth Hart.

(At 51:07 of the youtube video of the concert)

Is this a Les Paul 1959 (or maybe a R9) or a 1960 (or maybe a R0)?

The knobs seems from a 1960 but, honestly, I don't know!

Thank you!!

2 (edited by dknight16 2020-08-05 18:52:39)

Re: 1959 or 1960?

Sadly, I am no longer able to keep up with or identify Joe’s many original Les Pauls.  Joe has not played “reissue” Les Pauls in a long time now.  The one in the video is certainly an original 1959 or more likely 1960 as he is retaining the strap with the Grolsch washer method.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

dknight16 wrote:

Sadly, I am no longer able to keep up with or identify Joe’s many original Les Pauls.  Joe has not played “reissue” Les Pauls in a long time now.  The one in the video is certainly an original 1959 or more likely 1960 as he is retaining the strap with the Grolsch washer method.

Thank you!

I made a quick research (actually watching one YT video about Joe's rig) and apparently it's an original 1960 called "The Runt".

He's had the "runt" for some time now

And you can't rely on YouTube videos as he's sold some as well bought more.

He doesn't post new acquisitions like he used to either

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)