Topic: Best albums of 2020 (1st half...)

I know, what a year it's been so far; only the first three months have been anything like "normal" and for the last three, many releases have been continually pushed back or many artists have taken the opportunity to record their reactions to the social effect of Covid.

Anyway, whichever you look at this year so far, it's become a bit of a forum tradition to have an overview of the first half of the year, so let's get rolling. In no particular order of preference:-

Troy Redfern - This Raging Heart
Wishbone Ash - Coat of Arms
Mapache - Liberty Street
Beau Bowen - The Great Anticlimax
Jeremiah Johnson - Heavens To Betsy
Silverthorne - Tear The Sky Wide Open (EP)
The Sleep Eazys - Easy To Buy, Hard To Sell
James Oliver Band - Twang
Troy Redfern - Island
Victor Wainwright & The Train - Memphis Loud
Jack J Hutchinson - Who Feeds The Lockdown

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

Re: Best albums of 2020 (1st half...)

I own almost 3500 CDs, and I have bought no 2020 music at all so far.  Yikes.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

Robert Jon and the Wreck - Last light on the highway (favourite so far, May 2021 UK tour announced next week)
Mike Zito - Quarantine Blues
Wishbone Ash - Coat of Arms
Rory Gallagher - Check Shirt Wizard
Marcus King - El Dorado
Philip Sayce - Spirit Rising
Magnum - The Serpent Rings

It seems like most years the fall is when alot of releases come out.So far this year not alot I have really got into but  there are some
Philip Sayce Spirt Rising
Bad Touch Kiss The Sky
Eric Steckle Grandview Drive
Joe Satriani Shapshifting

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

I've really enjoyed Satriani's "Shapeshifting" and Marcus King's "El Dorado."

There are a bunch of albums on my radar, but haven't purchased yet (Sons of Apollo's new one, Larkin Poe's "Self Made Man", etc).  I hate to admit it, but these days I tend to check artists out on Spotify and have a hard time committing $10-$15 for a new CD, even though I vastly prefer CDs.

Kenny wrote:

Robert Jon and the Wreck - Last light on the highway (favourite so far, May 2021 UK tour announced next week)

Thanks for the tour heads-up Kenny; they blipped the radar a couple of years ago, so very interested if they're in my manor.

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

BansheeUK wrote:

Victor Wainwright & The Train - Memphis Loud

I knew the name but never heard them before a week ago.  On a whim (saw it in Blues Music Magazine) I checked this album out and it's freaking great.  In a way it reminds me of Tedeschi Trucks Band, if they hailed from New Orleans instead of Florida.  Really killer.  Checking out their back catalog now as well.