1 (edited by bobbeyond1313 2020-02-16 14:58:04)

Topic: New unreleased song "Conversation With Alice"?? from "Royal Tea" Album

Is the Song title: "Conversation With Alice"?? It is on the new as yet unreleased album "Royal Tea"

Perhaps about Joe playing with and talking to Alice Cooper at Christmas Pudding 2019??

Link to Video below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3tAyVrqvU4

Re: New unreleased song "Conversation With Alice"?? from "Royal Tea" Album

bobbeyond1313 wrote:

Is the Song title: "Conversation With Alice"??

Sounds to me like conversations with madness. Played this song to two other people, totally unaware of Joe, they said it is either madness or badness smile

Set list was the same except of new song and Just Got Paid. This setlist is awesome and I am ready to listen to it again and again ( hate "Little Girl" though, wish it could be instrumental without the lyrics)

reo l wrote:
bobbeyond1313 wrote:

Is the Song title: "Conversation With Alice"??

Sounds to me like conversations with madness. Played this song to two other people, totally unaware of Joe, they said it is either madness or badness smile

Set list was the same except of new song and Just Got Paid. This setlist is awesome and I am ready to listen to it again and again ( hate "Little Girl" though, wish it could be instrumental without the lyrics)

Pretty sure it is "Conversation with Alice" from the yet to be released "Royal Tea" album...

"Conversation with Alice" indeed. I already love this song

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8ofMZchL9C/

' ...new album, which will be released in September. The album, which was recorded at the iconic Abbey Roads studio, has yet to be titled.  can’t tell you the name of it until August,” Bonamassa said. “But I can tell you that it was an amazing experience recording where Pink Floyd recorded ‘Dark Side of the Moon.’ ”  - whew, so it's not "Royal Tea",  cause I thought the name sounded ridiculous

" ...The slick guitar hero will preview at least one new song, “Conversation With Alice.” “That might be all that I’m ready to play now,” Bonamassa said. “I’m excited about this album. It’s biographical. It’s drawn from the last two years of my life.”
https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2020/ … uitar-saf/

Anyone have the lyrics for the Alice song?

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Noticed this single studio recording has appeared on digital platforms in the last 18 hours. Sounds good!

Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Black + Gold Hardware, PRS SE Santana Yellow, Ovation Double-Neck Semi-Acoustic, Ovation Celebrity CC44 Honeyburst, Gibson 2008 Les Paul Standard Heritage Cherry Sunburst (#10), Gibson Robot Les Paul Studio 2012 Limited, Gibson 1976 Les Paul Custom Heritage Cherry Sunburst

Jane H. wrote:

I got to go to the thing on th ship with Joe and Kevin Shirley
Very enjoyable! More on that later
We  got to hear song live in Joe's set but at the talk, Caveman played us the rough cut from his laptop...in the theater....very cool.
Now if there is a recording of the talk, it will probably show I got some of this wrong but IIRC Joe said
The song is about : He just got out of a 5 year relationship .....this song was about going to a therapist a year and half ago when they were having some problems.....therapist name not Alice but that's what it's about. Kind of left more questions lol but good to hear that. A b9nabuddy and me thought maybe aconvo with Alice Cooper cause Joe played with him recently.

song review: https://www.rockandbluesmuse.com/2020/0 … ith-alice/

" ... “Alice,” as it turns out, is the alias of a therapist that Bonamassa spoke with about some reoccurring problems he’d been facing in life but found that these ‘problems’ ultimately lead to his success.

In an intimate video from self-quarantine, Joe Bonamassa shares, “The song is derived by an experience I had a couple years ago when some friends of mine intervened and said ‘You know what Joe? You should go ahead and talk to someone about these problems you have that come up time and time again.’ So, I agreed. I went to see this lovely woman in Los Angeles, CA and began talking about my problems. After the second session I came to the conclusion that I was unrepairable and that the crazy in me makes me good at my job. I like being good at my job.” 

As I am being an ultimate Bonanerd and reading all Joe's social media posts and comments, I understand that problems described in the song are solved now and forgotten and mistress of Nerdville has been reinstalled! Awe.... Hearts emojis

Love the song - beautiful and very catchy! Was so lucky to hear it live - sounded amazing. Can not wait for the album - something to look forward to. August and Fall - please come soon.

song lyrics: "A Conversation With Alice"

I'm a victim of absolution
I'm a casualty of life
So bring on a revolution
Couldn't come at a better time

I'm a part of a rise and fall
Mostly fall in current times
Need to make the most of what I got
Need to make the most of mine

I'm tired of being stuck in the middle
I'm tired of being out on my ****
A conversation with Alice