Topic: Fender blues jr. no guitar sound

I went to go buy a used fender blues jr the other day. I plugged it in and turned it on. Tubes turned on and warmed up, and I could hear a slight hum/buzz, but when I plugged my guitar in, no sound came out. It wasn’t my guitar or the instrument cable, it works fine on my amp at home and we tried a different instrument cable. Could this just be a faulty input jack?? Or something more major.

Re: Fender blues jr. no guitar sound

Find an amp tech to repair. Guessing it was there for that reason should have tried before you buyed. Then negotiate like a mother. Don’t be messin around loaded capacitors. Could be more fatal than Coronavirus.

Re: Fender blues jr. no guitar sound

if someone decided to disconnect the speaker on a tube amp and turn it on.. poof goes the output transformer.
same goes for bad tubes.. can take out the output transformer.

you probably need a tech,
but start with replacement tubes. (relatively cheap first option) then when they blow up.. then you know a transformer is gone and you'll take it to a tech for fixing.
350-700vdc sitting inside a tube amp.. if you don't know what you're doing.. don't go inside... as Rick said above.. you'd wish you have Corona

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)