Belexes wrote:

My Green Bay capture on Dime:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta … ?id=170027

Cheers,

- Steve

Awesome! Thanks Steve!

Re: Joe Bonamassa master torrent thread

Guys,

If your torrenting Joes music, arent you stealing it?

Joe...your position on torrenting you?

I mean the live stuff is fine, but I also found all the albums on torrents.

Dino wrote:

Guys,

Personally, I've never downloaded anything but live music via torrents. Dimeadozen will not allow anything but that on their tracker.

Dino wrote:

Guys,

Dino, please see:

http://www.jbonamassa.com/joe_bonamassa … policy.htm

Joe graciously allows taping of his shows.  I share nothing but the LIVE music.  Studio material should be PURCHASED and any tracker allowing torrents of studio material is an absolute no-no.

This makes all the sense in the world.  Share the live music for free and then watch them buy up your catalog.  I didn't know who the heck Joe was until I saw him live.  Same with Monte Montgomery.

114 (edited by tarus52 2007-11-11 03:55:30)

Who has a good copy of the show with LD Miller and would be willing to send me a copy? I will be glad to send 2cd's and a stamped envelope just email me your address.

tarus52 wrote:

Who has a good copy of the show with LD Miller and would be willing to send me a copy? I will be glad to send 2cd's and a stamped envelope just email me your address.

that show is on dime  you can download it .joe

I understand the policy.  But I am not asking about the policy.

Today, while checking torrents, I found all of Joes albums.  So people are doing that as well.

So while great fans like you are not going to torrent the records, that is a given...Joe is having his files shared.

Since Joe is a label now, I also found a bunch of Crosby online.  To my knowledge Crosby does not have a record out.

These are all grown up issues.  If the business model makes all the money on the road, and that supports sales of the record, that is fine.  But it becomes a question of how these torrented tracks affect sales.

Tarus:  Unfortunately, I believe the usually well-informed JoeBeacon is wrong.  The Cleveland House of Blues show from 11/1/07 is up on Dime, but the Chicago House of Blues show on 11/2/07 which is the show that LD played is not (at least of yet).  Hopefully someone will have recorded it and post it eventually.  If someone gets a copy of this show, I'd love to have it as well.

CarljMD

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

Dino wrote:

Today, while checking torrents, I found all of Joes albums.  So people are doing that as well.

So while great fans like you are not going to torrent the records, that is a given...Joe is having his files shared.

Since Joe is a label now, I also found a bunch of Crosby online.  To my knowledge Crosby does not have a record out.

These are all grown up issues.  If the business model makes all the money on the road, and that supports sales of the record, that is fine.  But it becomes a question of how these torrented tracks affect sales.

Dino,
Crosby's record is out now it was released on Sept. 28th.

As for torrents of studio albums I'm sure Joe or any artist wouldn't be happy with that. What can be done about it. It is not only a problem for Joe but all artists. Some people just want things for free and will go to any length to do so. Just look at all the sites devoted to computer software. The price goes up for the legitimate customers of the pirated products.

CarljMD wrote:

Tarus:  Unfortunately, I believe the usually well-informed JoeBeacon is wrong.  The Cleveland House of Blues show from 11/1/07 is up on Dime, but the Chicago House of Blues show on 11/2/07 which is the show that LD played is not (at least of yet).  Hopefully someone will have recorded it and post it eventually.  If someone gets a copy of this show, I'd love to have it as well.

CarljMD

my bad . i just did 10 nights of phil lesh my head is all cloudy still lol .........joe

jim m wrote:
Dino wrote:

Dino,
Crosby's record is out now it was released on Sept. 28th.

As for torrents of studio albums I'm sure Joe or any artist wouldn't be happy with that. What can be done about it. It is not only a problem for Joe but all artists. Some people just want things for free and will go to any length to do so. Just look at all the sites devoted to computer software. The price goes up for the legitimate customers of the pirated products.

if this is really a big issue with you then foward the site that is letting people upload the studio stuff on it to joes people and then they can get the right people involed to shut it down ......joe

My Wausau, Wisc recording 11-06-07:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta … ?id=170343

Belexes wrote:

My Wausau, Wisc recording 11-06-07:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta … ?id=170343

Thanks,

-Bill

123 (edited by Belexes 2007-11-14 20:36:23)

My Milwaukee, Wisc recording, 11-03-07:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta … ?id=170600

Steve:  Which would you say the best of the latest run of recordings is?  I met a couple at last night's show and wanted to give them a copy of a recent show and I remember you saying one of them was very good, which one?  I tried searching old threads but couldn't find it.

Thanks as always for your time, effort and kindness in taping and sharing these wonderful shows!

CarljMD

Takers get the honey, givers sing the blues

westhampton beach performing arts center, westhampton , ny 11/16/07 is up at dimeadozen . sorry for got to grab the link .............joe

joebeacon wrote:

westhampton beach performing arts center, westhampton , ny 11/16/07 is up at dimeadozen . sorry for got to grab the link .............joe

Thanks a million Joe! Here's the link: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta … ?id=170969