Topic: Next Blu Ray / DVD of Joe?

Anyone knows the next Blu Ray / DVD release for Joe?  I figured the Country Tribute was going to be released this year before being cancelled.  I thought they had recorded an Australia show and a Mr Kyps show that they haven't released.

Re: Next Blu Ray / DVD of Joe?

No idea I’m afraid.
I was expecting the RAH tenth anniversary to be recorded but it wasn’t so who knows?
Think the Mr Kyps show would be a bit old now.

Lester

Wasn't there supposed to be some sort of re-make of ANDY?

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Jane H. wrote:

always always always though the next studio release is what i am waiting for

Right there with you, Jane! I already have DVDs of pretty much every iteration of Joe, his band line-ups, and his set lists. Much as I enjoy all of that material (and much as I look forward to this fall's shows), I can't wait to hear what he does next... cool

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

New album!!!!!!!!!!!!

Live at the Sydney Opera House.......................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was waiting for this album. It is so special to me for many reasons. Love, love, love...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m9KKzhZPSE

6 (edited by paul_za 2019-08-28 08:20:47)

Yay, good news. Brought a smile to my face. Although seems to be an audio only release
Some more info:
https://www.recordshopx.com/artist/bona … era_house/

I'm happy there's a new live cd but I'm a little disappointed it will only be 9 songs.  I've been spoiled with Joe putting  out 2 disc live albums.

JJ wrote:

I'm a little disappointed it will only be 9 songs.  .

No worries there, if J&R follow what they've been doing  for the past few years.
They'll have 2 versions of the CD, a regular one and an "exclusive " buy with extra tracks assigned to a certain retailer

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

DougH wrote:
JJ wrote:

I'm a little disappointed it will only be 9 songs.  .

No worries there, if J&R follow what they've been doing  for the past few years.
They'll have 2 versions of the CD, a regular one and an "exclusive " buy with extra tracks assigned to a certain retailer

Also annoying.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

what's disappointing to me is that not only is it just 9 songs, but at least 2  of the songs have been on previous CD releases

bgoodman wrote:

what's disappointing to me is that not only is it just 9 songs, but at least 2  of the songs have been on previous CD releases

That’s nothing new in the world of J&R.
To be fair, Joe does tend to do different arrangements of his songs on each live recording.

Lester

Lester wrote:
bgoodman wrote:

That’s nothing new in the world of J&R.
To be fair, Joe does tend to do different arrangements of his songs on each live recording.

Lester

That is true but in the past just about all of Joe's live CD releases were 2 CD's, but in this case, with this only being one CD, and  based on the set list from the show, there are songs from that show that have never been released live.  Just my opinion for what that's worth.  I'm sure I will enjoy the CD none the less.

I think he needs to wait a bit before releasing anything else. He's already got too much!!

bluesdeluxe25 wrote:

I think he needs to wait a bit before releasing anything else. He's already got too much!!

I’m inclined to agree.
I don’t buy everything that Joe puts out.
I have most of the studio albums but only two live DVD and three live CD.
The latest live CD from Australia won’t be on my shopping list.

Lester