Topic: Dirty Honey

in today's new music environment ... anything that sounds like something from my younger days grabs my attention.

... and as is the way nowadays ... I expect to read knocks on comparisons as I search more about them on the internet ... but like most ... I always enjoy the experience of hearing new music that I spin more than once. smile

... this band has been on recent rotation on the Philly rock station WMMR ... they have a debit EP out.

Dirty Honey - When I'm Gone [Official Video]
https://youtu.be/I8ygfX0BavM (Dirty Honey)

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

2 (edited by Curby 2019-08-14 17:41:24)

Re: Dirty Honey

I checked out the video RoadcaseBoy posted and was a little turned off by the GnR/ACDC sound.  I did check out their EP, liked what I heard, and bought it.  A good band and a great shout by RcB...

Curby wrote:

I checked out the video RoadcaseBoy posted and was a little turned off by the GnR/ACDC sound.  I did check out their EP, liked what I heard, and bought it.  A good band and a great shout by RcB...

Thank you Curby ... I have learned about new bands (and some old bands ... but new to me) from your many Posts in this Thread ... so I did smile at your last line ... meant a lot ... phew!

Going with the first single ... and "Official Video" ... is sometimes considered a risk in my mind ... may be produced with slickness as the top priority ... but I agree ... I spun their EP tracks ... and liked them enough to do the same ... purchase the EP (but wishing it was a physical CD.)

(Thank you Jane H for posting up as well.)

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

I always like a good hard rocking seventies style band when they are good.
  Here’s another one called Jaded Sun

https://youtu.be/LvbNH_LlTRs

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky