Topic: Rival Sons, Feral Roots

Whoa, the guys pull out all the stops and crank up the volume on this disc. Definitely produced to sound a little more hard Rock/Metal than their last few efforts, but still plenty of great melodies and songs. This is a band that continues to improve with just about every release. This is the best Rock Band of the last decade, and they are finally being recognized. (Please do not utter the words  "Greta Van Fleet"...I'll get ill) See these guys live and be completely blown away by Jay's voice and Scott's guitar playing, not to mention, Mike Miley, their incredible drummer. Standout tunes for me on this disc are "Back in the Woods" "Do your Worst", and "Too Bad" with a great soulful ending track called "Shooting Stars"

Murfdog

Re: Rival Sons, Feral Roots

murfdog wrote:

Whoa, the guys pull out all the stops and crank up the volume on this disc. Definitely produced to sound a little more hard Rock/Metal than their last few efforts, but still plenty of great melodies and songs. This is a band that continues to improve with just about every release. This is the best Rock Band of the last decade, and they are finally being recognized. (Please do not utter the words  "Greta Van Fleet"...I'll get ill) See these guys live and be completely blown away by Jay's voice and Scott's guitar playing, not to mention, Mike Miley, their incredible drummer. Standout tunes for me on this disc are "Back in the Woods" "Do your Worst", and "Too Bad" with a great soulful ending track called "Shooting Stars"

Murfdog, I like your review, but this album has been discussed earlier on Rival Sons topic page.  I visited the Muscle Shoals studio where they recorded 4 songs off Feral Roots last fall.  We were there on a Saturday and they booked the next week.  I like this album about as much as anything they've done and yes please don't compare to the Zep Tribute Band GVF.

Curby wrote:
murfdog wrote:

Murfdog, I like your review, but this album has been discussed earlier on Rival Sons topic page.  I visited the Muscle Shoals studio where they recorded 4 songs off Feral Roots last fall.  We were there on a Saturday and they booked the next week.  I like this album about as much as anything they've done and yes please don't compare to the Zep Tribute Band GVF.

Yeah, I looked for that Rival Sons thread in the search field because I've posted on it before, but somehow couldn't locate.

Murfdog

Great band.  Great album.

(Like Greta VanFleet). wink

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

Ok to bring up the album again.I think so far this year one of my favorite albums.
  As good as they have been, this one may be my overall favorite album.
  And yes, my thoughts exactly on the GVF thing. Nothing wrong with GVF and it’s good they in a round about way may bring a younger audience back to rock music. But really they are not in the same league as Rival Sons at this point in time

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky