Topic: The Concert of the Future

No talking, no distractions at all, everybody wired in high tech headphones.  Almost a sterile presentation, but whoa, just one guy on stage doing loops and mixes and playing 5 different instruments.  Everything done in front of an Impressionist mural in Paris.

Just had to put this one up.  There are three songs that get better with each.  Although he's done many vocal songs, these are instrumental.

https://youtu.be/xuc9C-C6Ldw

Re: The Concert of the Future

Hm...I don't know... Not for me. Got bored almost immediately.

From what I understand about the capabilities of 5G, then the audience need not be together in one place; that would be a shame if it's the way to go, a "live" performance really should be a shared experience be it 10, 100 or 10,000 in the room.

That said, of the majority of gigs I've been to just in my time on this forum, I'm not really missing the huge light shows, masses of pyro or the "Disney does Lord of the Rings" stage shows - though when they're done well.....

As for the artist in question - he's really something; love watching guys like this, how they build the layers into recognisable tunes....

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

I'd say this is minimalist at best and agree with reo that for many this might be too techy for their tastes.

Like Mike, I'm fascinated with watching these people doing their thing.  Technology meets a Fender guitar.  The Jordan Rakei album, Origin, interestingly is a concept album about technology consuming our lives.  I've already stated it's my new fave for 2019 and I highly recommend giving it a spin for the message.  Like FKJ and Tom Misch, Rakei is a Producer and musician.  These guys are just as innovative as talented.

The visual on this vid was too good to pass on and not share here.

It is interesting to see where technology may take us, or turn out to be a dead-end (quadrophonic sound, anyone..?). I have to admit, I am a (lot of) Luddite when it comes to all this digital/techno stuff. But when it comes to "building" songs, looping etc, I still doff my cap to Australia's Claude Hay (think you originally spotted him, Curby); not only writes and plays his own materials but builds the instruments from re-cycled or re-purposed materials, such as his guitar "Loretta" - "fully loaded with more technology than a NASA self cleaning toilet".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont … 7k8Ru_aIp4

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...