Topic: New Album Releases

Not sure if this is a duplicate post but I'm going to start it anyway until Jane tells me to change it.

I pick up all kinds of music and recently picked up these albums:

The Raconteurs - Help Us Stranger

Collective Soul - Blood

KWS - The Traveler

Grace - FMA

Christone Kingfish Ingram - Kingfish

Los Lonely Boys - Revelation

All these albums are interesting to me with the Kingfish album definitely the best blues album I've heard in years.

Three albums though I haven't listed, Tom Misch's Geography, FKJ's French Kiwi Juice and lastly my new favorite album of this year, Jordan Rakei's Origin.  Rakei, like his contemporary 25 year olds, is tapping music I'm focused on these days.  All these guys are living proof music is very much alive and well.
On Origin I'm hearing a new generation's Curtis Mayfield, Sting and especially Stevie Wonder.  Most here aren't interested stepping out of their comfort zone, but why not?  Good quality earbuds and maybe an adult beverage will help dipping your toe in the pool of these gifted multi-instrumentalists.

https://www.popmatters.com/jordan-rakei … 14753.html

2 (edited by BansheeUK 2019-07-01 07:10:04)

Re: New Album Releases

Curby wrote:

Not sure if this is a duplicate post but I'm going to start it anyway until Jane tells me to change it.

Collective Soul - Blood

KWS - The Traveler

Grace - FMA

All these albums are interesting to me with the Kingfish album definitely the best blues album I've heard in years.

Three albums though I haven't listed, Tom Misch's Geography, FKJ's French Kiwi Juice and lastly my new favorite album of this year, Jordan Rakei's Origin.  Rakei, like his contemporary 25 year olds, is tapping music I'm focused on these days.  All these guys are living proof music is very much alive and well.
On Origin I'm hearing a new generation's Curtis Mayfield, Sting and especially Stevie Wonder.  Most here aren't interested stepping out of their comfort zone, but why not?  Good quality earbuds and maybe an adult beverage will help dipping your toe in the pool of these gifted multi-instrumentalists.

Don't know if these have crossed your radar, but if not then a couple of gems...

Lucy Zirins - Unfound. She's getting more confident and sophisticated in here overall sound but it's still like lining your earphones with mink...

Tiffany Pollack & Eric Johanson - Blues In My Blood; one part New Orleans jazz/Soul + one part bayou Blues; and turns out they're first cousins... Sounds like a fresh breeze blowing through their combined genres.

Joey Landreth - Hindsight -  Joey Landreth, need I say more..?

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

I listened to all of the new one from Tyler Bryant and the Shakedown this weekend, Truth and Lies. It is very good, I like the different styles he uses and picking techniques, solid release that should be getting more attention in coming weeks

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

4 (edited by Curby 2019-07-01 08:00:29)

BansheeUK wrote:
Curby wrote:

Collective Soul - Blood

KWS - The Traveler

Grace - FMA

Don't know if these have crossed your radar, but if not then a couple of gems...

Lucy Zirins - Unfound. She's getting more confident and sophisticated in here overall sound but it's still like lining your earphones with mink...

Tiffany Pollack & Eric Johanson - Blues In My Blood; one part New Orleans jazz/Soul + one part bayou Blues; and turns out they're first cousins... Sounds like a fresh breeze blowing through their combined genres.

Joey Landreth - Hindsight -  Joey Landreth, need I say more..?

Sometimes I'm guilty of not giving new music a proper listen and that's what happened with Joey's new album.
Hindsight is a bit of a departure from Whiskey, but is actually more upbeat.  Everything he does is at exceptional level either through that incredible voice or skillful slide guitar playing.
Had I known of The Landreth Brothers album at the time it would've easily been my favorite of that year.  Thank's for reminding me.....again, Mike!

Of the other notable purchases so far this year, in a sort of bunch came Joanne Shaw Taylor's Restless Heart, back to her "snarling" form after the bit "toothless" Wild. Erja Lyytinen rockin' out with the powerful Another World, and Rebecca Downes also scratching a more Rock itch with More Sinner Than Saint heading the pack. I'd also give an approving nod to Elles Bailey for The Road I Call Home especially after her solo performance last month, she's really gained in my appreciation.

I'd also nod toward Ariel Posen's How Long (not avoiding the Landreth connection) and one that is growing rapidly is Jon Amor's Colour In The Sky.

I also would List the new KWS and Christine Kingfish Ingram’s as top choices.
Other of note for me would be Ally Venable’s Texas Honey, Matt Pearce and the Mutiny Gotta Get Home, and Santana’s new Africa Speaks as some recent new releases to check out.
Oh and if you haven’t got enough horns from Joes albums check out The Texas Horns  Get Here Quick

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Some recent ones :

Allman Betts Band - Down to the river
Tyler Bryant - Truth and Lies
Sweet Oblivion - Sweet Oblivion (featuring Geoff Tate)
Kingfish
Jimmy Barnes - My Criminal Record
Dead Man's Whiskey - Under the Gun
Black Keys - Lets Rock

ahsmith33 wrote:

I listened to all of the new one from Tyler Bryant and the Shakedown this weekend, Truth and Lies. It is very good, I like the different styles he uses and picking techniques, solid release that should be getting more attention in coming weeks

Well, they’ve cracked it….the stadium filling sing-a-long nounce of Bon Jovi, tempered with the Bluesy edge of Cinderella… I don’t know that I’d say it was Tyler’s Slippery When Wet, but if he tours it over here it’ll be in big rooms….

The Kingfish album is wonderful!

Much talent here....you can feel it.

My Favorite Bonamassa Songs
Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack
Equipment For Listening To Joe
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones & Mad Ear+HD Headphone Amp

I think the new Tyler Bryant album is excellent.
It’s got a different sound to it.
Some heavier guitar sound you don’t hear in blues based music. But it works and the songs are strong.

Your rock candy baby

Lukas Nelson and Promise of the Real's "Turn Off The News (Build a Garden)" is killer.  Love this album.

Also just got the Aristocrats new one "You Know What?" - amazing, as expected.  I'm not in love with every song, but the highlights are incredible.

Another album I have been listening to a lot
Mindi Abair No Good Deed
The title track has become my feel good  song of the summer.
Good album top to bottom

Your rock candy baby

Just gave The Allman Betts Band a spin

My Favorite Bonamassa Songs
Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack
Equipment For Listening To Joe
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones & Mad Ear+HD Headphone Amp

yeah baby, "That's Pretty Good for a Girl" sounds great, I like the humor in it and the Boneshakers are solid ............. real nice voice, some cool sax and it doesn't hurt to have Joe sit in with the 335

gary wrote:

Another album I have been listening to a lot
Mindi Abair No Good Deed
The title track has become my feel good  song of the summer.
Good album top to bottom

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives