Re: Fall US tour 2019

Jane H. wrote:

now i got three more (what is wrong with me)

I don't understand the question... big_smile

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

After properly stroking out through the T'master process I scored 5th row center section for Madison, WI.  We're towards the end of the row on the left side so that's good.

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

Yipee!!!  Front row slightly left for Rancho Mirage 10/23/19.  Can't believe I got so lucky am thrilled.

Jane H. wrote:

saw Joe posted this on instagram...i'm gear dumb...curious what he means about revisiting past...some old songs making come back or just his gear set up idk...i guess it also means summer tour will be more similar to current/
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxdij-XDbp9/
joebonamassa
"Well it’s official... Hoyt will be joining me on the road for the fall tour as part of the new rig. We sketched it out today. All that’s left now is reassembly and revisiting my past. Thanks @cartervintageguitars ... Hoyt will be safe and have a good home with me."

Joe commented on yesterday's IG post that they will play Just Got Paid on Summer or Fall tour - *jumping up and down - so happy!*

Jane H. wrote:

....honestly for myself i can't figure out why on Earth to go back to that when there is infinite other possibilities

I have to agree with you, Jane. So many other things that could be played. I think ZZ Top is celebrating 50 years this year so maybe he wants to honor that. We may never know.

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

24 (edited by bobbeyond1313 2019-05-16 17:00:20)

Jane H. wrote:

saw Joe posted this on instagram...i'm gear dumb...curious what he means about revisiting past...some old songs making come back or just his gear set up idk...i guess it also means summer tour will be more similar to current/
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxdij-XDbp9/
joebonamassa
"Well it’s official... Hoyt will be joining me on the road for the fall tour as part of the new rig. We sketched it out today. All that’s left now is reassembly and revisiting my past. Thanks @cartervintageguitars ... Hoyt will be safe and have a good home with me."

As I understand it Joe is going back to his High Gain Amps and lots of Pedals Sound...

Think of High Gain sound as coming from a Marshall Stack, or a "Dumble"...and Low Gain sound coming from a Fender Tweed...

He rebuilt the "Hoyt Axton" Dumble and is using it in his New Rig for the Fall 2019 tour...

Details on the entire rig forthcoming from Joe soon...

He also stated he is heading into the Abbey Road Studios during the upcoming 2 month break before the Summer Tour starts to record a Brand New Album... smile

The New Album should debut during the Fall 2019 tour...If not as a work in progress sooner!!

He also stated he is going to re-visit material he has not played in almost 10 years for this Fall 2019 tour...

Hope that explains it a bit better...Cant wait till This November 16...Saturday Night at the Beacon...Should be Killer!!!!

"We are all Just Mutants of the Monster"

bobbeyond1313 wrote:

He also stated he is going to re-visit material he has not played in almost 10 years for this Fall 2019 tour..."

I'm now fully intrigued and can't wait for November!

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST