1 (edited by bluesdeluxe25 2019-03-30 23:14:09)

Topic: Crossroads Guitar Festival 2019

Nobody else has posted this yet, so I figured I'd beat them to the punch. Looks like it's gonna be a great event!!  I live here, so I will have to do my best to go both nights!!!

http://www.whereseric.com/eric-clapton- … r-festival

Re: Crossroads Guitar Festival 2019

Wow. What a line up. One name is missing though... sad

Joe's tour does end in August, so there's still time for his name to be added. He played at the 2010 festival, but that's the only one he's done. John Mayer's name is absent as well this time for now.

It would have been nice to see at least one of the top 3 blues guitarists in the list, namely: Matt Schofield, Kirk Fletcher or Josh Smith

Jane H. wrote:

this is exciting...good luck on tix!

wow
CURRENT CROSSROADS FESTIVAL ARTIST LISTING
Two Different Nights of Music.
Not All Artists Will Perform Both Nights but Eric Clapton Will Perform Both Nights.
Alan Darby
Albert Lee
Andy Fairweather Low
Billy Gibbons
Bonnie Raitt
Bradley Walker
Buddy Guy Band
Daniel Santiago
Doyle Bramhall II
Eric Clapton
Gary Clark Jr.
Gustavo Santaolalla
James Bay
Jeff Beck
Jerry Douglas
Jimmie Vaughan
Joe Walsh
Jonny Lang
Keb Mo
Kurt Rosenwinkel
Los Lobos
Pedro Martins
Peter Frampton
Robert Cray
Robert Randolph
Sheryl Crow
Sonny Landreth
Tedeschi Trucks Band
Tom Misch
Vince Gill

The Crossroads Centre, Antigua
Founded in 1998, Crossroads Centre, Antigua was created to provide treatment and education to chemically and alcohol dependent persons, their families and their significant others. Treatment is provided through residential care, family and aftercare programs. The pathway to recovery is founded on the 12 steps and a change in lifestyle. Crossroads Centre, Antigua also operates a 16 bed halfway house in Antigua called the Bevon House and facilitates various ongoing recovery initiatives on the island of Antigua and the Caribbean.
www.crossroadsantigua.org

_____

First, thanks Jane for the artists list.  Crossroads is always such a varied group of established and rising stars in the opinion of Clapton himself.  Very surprised JB or Mayer are absent but to be honest it's always been the folks I'm unfamiliar with that tweaks my interest.
I checked out a couple, Daniel Santiago and Tom Misch and like what I hear.  Santiago is a classic trained Jazz guitarist who's very good, very easy on the ears.
It's Misch though that I find extremely interesting.  Music is all over the place.  His debut album, Geography is a stunner and a new fave for my tastes.

Well, just got lucky and won a pair of tickets for the first night!!! Very excited about this!!! Now here's hoping that they'll also give away a pair for the 2nd night as well!!

bluesdeluxe25 wrote:

Well, just got lucky and won a pair of tickets for the first night!!! Very excited about this!!! Now here's hoping that they'll also give away a pair for the 2nd night as well!!

Wow!!!! So cool! Congratulations!!

A little update. John Mayer, Citizen Cope, and The Marcus King Band have all been added!!!!

I ran this by the boss, i would love to make a trip to Dallas.....aint got nothing but time to kill in Sept