Topic: I wonder how many Joe fans can relate to this?

This made me chuckle a bit, probably because this could have been written by me:

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2019/02/05/ … ice-music/

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

Re: I wonder how many Joe fans can relate to this?

Thanks for sharing that Bill.Yes I can 100 percent relate to that article.
   The one difference I see that’s different than when I grew up is there is still a faction( although small) of the youth that dig the old music I grew up with and new artists that are based in that music.
  Obviously that is a nitche now.
There are some young Joe B fans for instance.Although a minority I still see Hendrix and Zep being popular.
  Now when I was young I knew absolutely no one who was into the music of my parents!!
   That would have been 50’s pop
Not even Elvis. But outside of old blues records and maybe Sinatra I never saw much music older than 60’s in the 70’s around

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Great article.  Thanks for posting.  The first two albums I ever purchased were, Cream Wheels of Fire and Jimi Hendrix Foxy Lady. Playing them on my parents stereo console, was something I only dared when they were not home.  They were a far cry from Perry Como and Andy Williams that my mother listened to.
My philosophy has always been that the music that was produced in the late '60's is music that will be studied and enjoyed for centuries, similar to Bach, Beethoven, etc.

The only thing we deserve, is an opportunity.  Everything else has to be earned.

Love this.  I have to say, though, that so far my grandson (who is only five) loves Joe.  All he wants to watch on TV when he comes over is Joe concerts (and the occasional Thomas video).  I was lucky - my Dad loved a lot of the Sixties music-he even bought Wheels of Fire because of the drum solo. I couldn't even begin to name a current pop artist and what they are singing.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

Bill S wrote:

This made me chuckle a bit, probably because this could have been written by me:

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2019/02/05/ … ice-music/

Humorous!  Yes, relatable!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Not related to this topic but kinda is.

Scrolled through Grammy winners this morning. Majority of this names are unfamiliar to me. So went and googled several winners.....what can I say without cursing... *making puking sounds*. Went and checked the winner under the name "Beck'. Who could like something like that. Even impossible for me to imagine such a person. Same goes to country winners. Musical fast food. Carefully calculated amount of sugar, salt and fat, sprinkled with tears. Slap a pretty face on it - here you go. Recipe for commercial success. And a personal pet peeve: certain sound in country singer's voices - like a truck full of empty glass bottles driving on a bumpy road. Trade mark sound - ugh...

I totally agree reo
There seems to be nothing appealing to me in the Grammy’s anymore.
Now there still is blues but it’s not in the tv program anymore.
  Most of mainstream music doesn’t do anything at all for me.
  Possibly due to the time I grew up.But I think even more so because the real music is all under the radar.Big radio and other programming puts out manufactured garbage that they hope will appeal to those that don’t know to look elsewhere for their music.
It’s the power of the media.You put something out to the masses and people think that’s the great thing so they buy in.
There has been a lot of top 40 hits over the last 50 years that I can’t see why it’s popular too.However it’s seems this trend has gone up quite a bit since the 2000’s started.Everyonce and awhile something pretty good sneaks in there.Most of it is horribly boring or bad.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

that was great Bill, thanks for posting it and could have been written by me as well here at age 65. My parents were the same except that they both liked the Monkees and a lot of the Beatles stuff .............. it got out of hand when I bought Steppenwolf Live and Zep II

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives