Topic: What guitar is that of Joe's?

Hey Joe or anyone else... What kind of guitar is that in the Miss You hate You Video? It's easy to say tele but I don't think it is a tele. If It is not a tele then what is it? I  think its the same guitar he uses in the New Day Yesterday DVD.

-Josh
www.joshmyersband.com
www.myspace.com/joshmyersband

We put a new track on our myspace from our LIVE CD Release concert come show us some love!

Thanks, Josh

Re: What guitar is that of Joe's?

It's a Fender Telecaster with one pickup. So that means it's might be a Fender Esquire? I know they only had one pickup. But it's a Fender, regardless.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

My ReverbNation page for Dees & Friends - check us out!
www.reverbnation.com/deesfriends

Yeah its a Fender Esquire- they were the first Fender guitars made - before the Broadcaster / Nocaster / Telecaster (in that order)...
basically Leo Fender came up with the Esquire, started to sell that, then decided to put in 2 pu's and call it the Broadcaster.  Fender got sued by Gretsch (I think it was Gretsch at least) for copywrite infringement, which is when the Nocaster came out (basically a Broadcaster without any decal on the headstock) then Fender finally settled on the name Telecaster and its stayed that way ever since.

I believe Joe's esquire is a '52 (?) I know he said something to the effect of its gotta be the loudest Esquire ever made.

Scott

"Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things." - Woody Allen

http://www.last.fm/user/skynyrd128

Joe Bdo you still own this guitar?

Thanks, Josh

josh m wrote:

Joe Bdo you still own this guitar?

Hi Josh.Joe doesn’t come here anymore.Your best bet is to try twitter or instagram.I see sometimes he responds  to vintage guitar questions in those places

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

gary wrote:

Joe doesn’t come here anymore.

sad

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

Yeah I'm not sure why I'm even here.

BarbieD wrote:
gary wrote:

sad

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

DougH wrote:

Yeah I'm not sure why I'm even here.

BarbieD wrote:
gary wrote:

sad

For the company what else, big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Or the return of Joe back home?

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Must admit it did give you a buzz when he replied directly to your posts. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)