Topic: Forum Leaders

Just curious. I was wondering who has the most forum posts (not that it's a competition) I've been checking in daily for quite a few years now and have like 125 or so posts which PALES in comparison to some of the veterans. I know the names I'm most familiar with are Jane H. and Rocket but I was wondering who actually has the most.

hardrain

Re: Forum Leaders

This is so true Jane. The number of posts don't matter at all. Sadly many of the big and interesting posters are moved to other Joe's platforms, which is understandable because ultimately all sites with Joe's name are the ways of his fans to talk to him, and he never is here anymore. ( I, for one am writing here because I can not not to. My strange addiction) But life moves on, and social media laws are such that if number of meaningful posts per day is going down or none at all - the site dies.  And to be honest and real to ourselves  - who needs this old vintage staff when new and shiny sites are readily available.

3 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2018-12-24 06:34:16)

reo l wrote:

... who needs this old vintage staff when new and shiny sites are readily available.

I do!! smile 

(and thank you for having your strange addiction to here as well.)

Look at it as the JB Forum is the '59 Les Paul of the Joe sites ... vintage ... with a warm tone. smile

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Well it is still here.Its quality not quantity !!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Thanks for the link and the discussion. A ways back I, too, tried some of the "shiny" sites. Didn't care for them. This forum is more accessible, warm & cozy I guess. Have always felt more comfortable and part of the JB family here. Everything changes over time but we're still here and hopefully will remain. Merry Christmas to everybody.

hardrain

Still here, but mostly reading rather than posting.  Which makes me a poor community member since BBs rely on posters and interaction. I quit FB 2 days ago.  The intrusive ads, fake news, insipid posts and general BS is unbearable. Never joined IG or The Twitter - who needs BS cubed?

Kinda nice to return to the real world.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

Most of the fan sites on FB drive me nuts - same thing posted over and over.  I may not post as often but I am still here. 

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

It's odd that we even call people forum 'leaders' based on their post count. 'Leaders'?.. really? I think we are hard wired to see things that way from so many other forums that we have been on... that having been said, this forum truly is the exception.

The people on THIS forum with the huge number of posts are increasingly humble and kind (yes that's you Jane and Rocket, RickB, pattyluvsjoe, gary to name just a few...) whereas on almost every other forum on earth the people with the highest post counts are absolute dipsticks, rude, condescending and you had better not have an opinion until you get to at least 500 posts.

I remember the John Mayer forum in its heyday. By far the most savage forum I had ever been on and was rudely told to take myself somewhere else... so I did. Thanks to all the folks on this forum. It is an amazing place.

Still here as it is such a nice and friendly place. Don't do social media such as FB and am only a member of one other forum that being the MX5 owners club which has the same approach. Long may it continue. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

A little off topic but very interesting 5 mins video about habits of Generation Z - those born 1997-2010. " Influencers now a new celebrity" ( they are are getting paid big $ for posting product images on their sm pages ) https://www.reuters.com/video/z-factor? … ce=twitter

Years ago i would keep a top ten list on the forum....heck im not even in the top 1000 now hmm

I've been gone for a while been positioning my business for sale, well it's sold.  I've checked out Joe's other platforms and this feels like home. Not sure how much I'll be checking in, but I'll be around.

The only thing we deserve, is an opportunity.  Everything else has to be earned.

bobkatmsu wrote:

I've been gone for a while been positioning my business for sale, well it's sold.  I've checked out Joe's other platforms and this feels like home. Not sure how much I'll be checking in, but I'll be around.

I seldom post myself but great to see you again, bobkatmsu.  Congrats on the business sale, bet you are relieved that's all finished.

I always loved your license plate!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

Now thats nice Jane, 14 is my favorite number too smile

Jane H. wrote:

Shredit, you are number 14!!!

other thoughts on this topic
i often think i have to save some f the content here in case it goes away for one reason or another...no plans to update this thing as far as i know and recently with tech woes in other ares of my life i realized that one day the technology might make this place unuseable...idk...going to get back on saving some content

and also yesterday i was watching a 70's song on youtube and read some of the comments...some people bonding on there...just mad me think to bad they don't have a forum like this to make connections and talk about songs...i mean i am sure there are forums/message boards out there but it was just a sad moment...don't know how my life would be today if not for this forum....no where near as rich i don't think...the topics of convo were different but i just wanted to invite them all over....the other types of social media these days just don't offer the same level of connection...even if you are just a lurker

I'm hardly here anymore, but i do dip in and out now and again, a bit like how i use my Twitter account. I see I'm still at a respectful 5th

GOOD KARMA - http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zkw … o1_500.jpg
Avatar Credit: D.Hirst,Olympic Union Flag
Adele: RAH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oio8V3e3WU&ob=av2e -
We Are The Champ20ns

23 for me which is surprising as I am more of a reader. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)