Re: Redemption....is it just me ?

gary wrote:
murfdog wrote:

Wow, I'm actually a little shocked to see most people agree with me on this.....Thought I might get a bit "Torn down" for less than stellar comments. There are some excellent tracks on this disc, but, again, overall, I think Joe needs to freshen things up a bit....I'd love to see a straight ahead Rock/blues band. BCC does not do it for me...can't get past the fact that I hate Glenn's vocals....sorry. I'm not really too worried, BOD rocked my world, and every disc can't be the same in tone, song quality, production, etc. Joe likes to cover everyone, and spent the last few Live albums giving us songs from Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Eric Clapton, etc....How about.....A Hendrix tribute....He's covered him before. I'd love to see his take on some Jimi covers....Are You Experienced from ANDY was FANTASTIC....Just throwing out suggestions

I am totally in on the rock idea. But Hendrix covers have been overdone so much.How about a rock album with Beth ?
  I think those two should unleash some power. I have always felt that the Joe and  Beth projects could produce a great  rock or straight up blues album instead of just doing the soul covers.

I’d love more and agree they could do Rock, but Beth is flying well on her own now and collaborating with other players. She’s touring this Spring with KWS, so Blues  it is.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

20 (edited by reo l 2018-12-31 18:35:18)

So interesting how people's tastes are different. I remember the day, the time and exact thoughts I had when I listened for BOD for the first time. It was " I don't like this album that much"  It took me 5-6 listens to fall in love with it. Now some of the songs from this album are in  my top 10 Joe's songs. And absolutely love BOD now.

So now...

- Drive                           
   Blues of Desperation
   The Valley Runs Low
   Distant Lonesome Train
   How Deep This River Runs

Evil Mama
  King Bee Shakedown
  Self Inflicted Wounds
  The Ghost of Macon Jones
  Just 'Cos You Can Don't Mean You Should
  Love is a Gamble
  Stronger Now In Broken Pieces - but it is strongly debatable in my case

Okay, so how about this crazy idea...Lock him in a room with Jack White and Neil Young and see what happens. Two dirty imperfect guitarists with some interesting chops of their own might get the creative juices flowing.

Murfdog

Man glad I'm not the only one! I've listened maybe 10x all the way through and it just doesn't do it for me the way other releases have. Specially not after the BoD came out of the gate on fire like it did.

AI like to see what new elements Kevin Shirley will introduce but a 2nd guitar player isn't one of them that I like..... Can't stand to see it when he does these special shows and had bad feeling it would happen to his regular releases when I seen that. Now I fear with time, we will see a 2nd player permanently on the road.

Also +1 on ditching the horns/backup singers.... All great players and there's been some great stuff they've done just wish it would be scaled back to just his special tribute releases...

Having said all that, like the rest of you, I'll still continue to support and buy it all, so maybe this is all mute to even talk about anymore.

Redemption is one of those albums I liked quite a bit at first, but don't find myself coming back to as much.  That said, I do really like Ghost of Macon Jones and Just 'Cause You Can, those are both top-tier Bonamassa tracks for me.  There are another 3-4 tunes on the album that I keep in rotation.  All in all, I think it is a good album, but after repeatedly listening the last few months it's not in my top 5.

Personally I like the horns and backup singers - on his last few record Mahalia Barnes and the other singers added a TON.  Absolutely love them.

Having said all that, like the rest of you, I'll still continue to support and buy it all, so maybe this is all mute to even talk about anymore.

I'm in this boat, too.  I like almost everything Joe puts out, so I'm definitely on board for whatever's next regardless what direction he takes.

Not a mute point hole shot.Forums are places for opinions and discussions.
We all have our Joe in what ever sweet spot he hit for us.If his music didn’t mean a lot to us none of us would be here.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

gary wrote:

Not a mute point hole shot.Forums are places for opinions and discussions.
We all have our Joe in what ever sweet spot he hit for us.If his music didn’t mean a lot to us none of us would be here.

Well said.

Murfdog