Topic: Tulsa November 16

I drove 3 hours to see Joe for my 20th time since 2006. And I am glad I did.
Joe was his amazing self. I loved the new songs added to the set list, even though I had heard them back in May in Austin. I really got to listen with no distractions this time. The guitar work was amazing, as usual, as were the vocals. The whole show was almost flawless. And Lee Thornburg sounded amazing during “Slow Train”.
The highlights for me were the songs “Breaking Up Someone’s Home”, “Last Kiss”, “Mountain Time”, but especially “Self Inflicted Wounds”! I had watched some of the live versions of “Self Inflicted Wounds” from earlier concerts and was a little disappointed in the changes from the studio version. But it seemed like Joe had changed it up to sound more like the studio version for Tulsa. I was very happy with the sound of this beautiful song! And it is one BEAUTIFUL song!
I had a meet and greet and Joe was his usual humble and sweet self. I gave him a card on the behalf of Bonanation and all the members and he seemed to want to open it and read it right then, but he soon remembered there were other people waiting so he put it aside until he finished with his meet and greets.
Thanks for another great show Joe! You never cease to amaze me with your music and live shows! You continue to be the best, in my book!

Nancy in Oklahoma

Re: Tulsa November 16

Glad you enjoyed it, Nancy!

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

Good for you, Nancy!  And thanks so much for being so thoughtful and taking the card to Joe on behalf of all of us!!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

sally12333 wrote:

Good for you, Nancy!  And thanks so much for being so thoughtful and taking the card to Joe on behalf of all of us!!

Yes!  And Thank you for the review!