Topic: PDI-03 vs PDI-03 JB

I use a PDI-03 for home recording with my amps, which is great and I love the tone. I am considering investing into a PDI-03 JB model for my pedalboard so that I can run my revival drive into that, then straight into the PA (no amps). Other than not having the load (which I will not need for a no amp set up live), how does the tone of the PDI-03 JB model compare?

Amp: Firebird Musical Amplifiers
Guitars: 2x 1962 LPs , 02 FB VII, 76 Electra Omega, 64 SG Special, 63 LP Jr, 73 LPC
Effects: Van Weelden ROD

Re: PDI-03 vs PDI-03 JB

No.

smile ...sorry just pulling your leg. I read your post and have absolutely no idea of what anything you said means. Looks like I have to do some research now.

3 (edited by NickelWound 2018-12-18 20:40:56)

Although the only part of your post I understood was running through the PA with no amps I came across this Eric Johnson video that "might' be along the lines you're talking about???? I really have no clue other that he also is talking about using no amps straight into the PA.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BracwpjB3FW/

macg1 wrote:

I use a PDI-03 for home recording with my amps, which is great and I love the tone. I am considering investing into a PDI-03 JB model for my pedalboard so that I can run my revival drive into that, then straight into the PA (no amps). Other than not having the load (which I will not need for a no amp set up live), how does the tone of the PDI-03 JB model compare?

Hi I assume you are referring to the rack mount Palmer PDI 03compared to the small pedal version. Well I am fortunate to have both. The big difference in the PDI 03 and PDI 03 JB besides the pedal profile is the JB model has specific tone that Joe has signed off on that is appealing to his ear. It add a great sense of clarity, punch and presence to your tone and brings it to the font of the mix. If you like the PDI 03 you will love the PDI 03 JB.
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

cindyron wrote:
macg1 wrote:

Hi I assume you are referring to the rack mount Palmer PDI 03compared to the small pedal version. Well I am fortunate to have both. The big difference in the PDI 03 and PDI 03 JB besides the pedal profile is the JB model has specific tone that Joe has signed off on that is appealing to his ear. It add a great sense of clarity, punch and presence to your tone and brings it to the font of the mix. If you like the PDI 03 you will love the PDI 03 JB.
Cheers Ron

Hi Ron,

thanks for the reply. I know the the JB version doesn't act like a PDI-03 100% because it doesn't offer a load for silent recording. I was just wondering if the JB also had any type of speaker sim built in also like the rack unit. For some fly gigs, I want to just find something that i can plug my revival drive into that will offer cab/speaker sim to go straight into the PA.

Guitars: 2x 1962 LPs , 02 FB VII, 76 Electra Omega, 64 SG Special, 63 LP Jr, 73 LPC

NickelWound wrote:

Although the only part of your post I understood was running through the PA with no amps I came across this Eric Johnson video that "might' be along the lines you're talking about???? I really have no clue other that he also is talking about using no amps straight into the PA.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BracwpjB3FW/

Along those lines, though he is using the UA Ox, which offers IR's and also acts as a load box.

macg1 wrote:
cindyron wrote:
macg1 wrote:

Cheers Ron

Hi Ron,

thanks for the reply. I know the the JB version doesn't act like a PDI-03 100% because it doesn't offer a load for silent recording. I was just wondering if the JB also had any type of speaker sim built in also like the rack unit. For some fly gigs, I want to just find something that i can plug my revival drive into that will offer cab/speaker sim to go straight into the PA.

Yes it has speaker sim happy hunting

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

cindyron wrote:
macg1 wrote:
cindyron wrote:

Cheers Ron

Hi Ron,

Yes it has speaker sim happy hunting

Awesome, thank you!