1 (edited by Inluvwithjoe 2018-10-23 12:19:32)

Topic: Need ideas for a gift for Meet and Greet in November

Hello

I am looking for any and all ideas for a gift to give to Joe when I have my 6th Meet and Greet in Tulsa November 16th. Since he quit drinking alcohol I am lost as to what to give him now. I have given him wine, socks (no more socks!), and t-shirts among other things in the past. Now I am at a loss on what to give the guy who surely has everything he wants. I thought of some kind of blues artist memorabilia but have no clue who is his favorite blues artist.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Nancy in Oklahoma

Re: Need ideas for a gift for Meet and Greet in November

So this is something I have thought about.
With all the hundreds of meet and greet people where would he stash all the gifts while on the road.And while it’s a great gesture I wonder in reality if it is more a hinderance.Maybe  all that wine was too much !!
  Janes idea of the donation is the greatest idea yet!
  Otherwise I wonder  in general how many people bring a gift to a meet and greet? Like 90 percent or 50 or less?

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

I may just not take a gift, I originally was going to on Nov. 7th

I actually can see where it could be a hindrance for him.

My Favorite Bonamassa Songs
Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack
Equipment For Listening To Joe
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones & Mad Ear+HD Headphone Amp

I seem to recall when they were doing short vids of being on the road, Joe gave a tour of the bus. He had one bunk reserved for all the gifts he received. He has his own bus now, doesn't he? Lots of extra storage! big_smile
I've done one M&G and didn't bring anything.

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

BarbieD wrote:

I seem to recall when they were doing short vids of being on the road, Joe gave a tour of the bus. He had one bunk reserved for all the gifts he received. He has his own bus now, doesn't he? Lots of extra storage! big_smile
I've done one M&G and didn't bring anything.

Yes, I remember that story of the gift bunk too, Barbie!

I've given him wine a couple times, and once a big wooden cutting board in the shape of a guitar I lugged all the way from vaca in Maui to Pittsburgh to give him for a birthday gift.  He said he could serve salmon on it...!  Ha.  Whatever works.

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

A person at the Peoria, IL meet n greet last Sept brought Joe a very nice garden brick/paver where BONAMASSA was carved out in 3D.  Instead of the name etched into it, the material around BONAMASSA was removed so it looked 3D/embossed like these bats.

3D bat

So maybe something for the house that's "Welcome To Nerdsville".  Joe also references BMW a lot so maybe a book about their M cars.

7 (edited by reo l 2018-11-06 08:11:37)

"Joe Bonamassa decided to surprise fans at a Canadian gig last night (4th November) by standing with them in the meet & greet queue - but hilariously he went completely unnoticed." yikes

https://www.planetrock.com/news/rock-ne … unnoticed/

8 (edited by DougH 2018-11-06 13:20:04)

Sadly didn't get to this show
But it's been a very long time since I've been in a meet n greet
But if I had.. I would have walked over and said:

"So Mr Bonamassa is this your first meet n greet?"

(Obviously the "wrong " Canadians were invited to the meet n greet)

reo l wrote:

"Joe Bonamassa decided to surprise fans at a Canadian gig last night (4th November) by standing with them in the meet & greet queue - but hilariously he went completely unnoticed." yikes

https://www.planetrock.com/news/rock-ne … unnoticed/

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

That’s funny.
In some way the bonawho still exists !!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

I think the best gift would be to donate to KTBA
Enjoy your meet and greet cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

cindyron wrote:

I think the best gift would be to donate to KTBA

Great idea, Ron!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy