73 (edited by BarbieD 2018-11-14 11:54:02)

Re: Target selling "Redemption" album with 3 extra songs

EDIT: I think I LOVE this CD! I'm enjoying ALL the songs.  big_smile  Haven't been able to say that since Dust Bowl. Again I must say that I'm so glad I went to Indy for the show last weekend. It kind of jerked me back into Joe land after a year of life's distractions.
-----

Finally made it to Target the other night and picked up Redemption. There were three copies sitting there, I purchased one at full price. Wasn't overwhelmed after the first listen, felt like a few of those melodies have been heard before. I liked it better the second time around and will give it a few more turns before deciding what to do with it. It won't knock anything out of my top 5. Self-inflicted Wounds is sticking with me which is a surprise. I usually like the punchier songs.

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

Jane H. wrote:

Grey if you decide you want one, I still have a few I bought on the sale price. Like I mentioned above, the total would be 28 US dollars approximately. Still a lot but...if you want, I'd be happy to get one to you.

Glad Kevin suggested, as Joe said, to try the stripped down edition.

Jane, thanks so much for your kind offer to help with getting a copy of the Target version to me, and apologies I didn't reply sooner.

I think I will have to pass on it this time though. Although I am a completist this would be about $40 in Australian money which is a bit much for a few extra tracks when I can get the cd for less than half of that.

Thanks again for your offer though, I do appreciate it.

BarbieD wrote:

Finally made it to Target the other night and picked up Redemption. There were three copies sitting there, I purchased one at full price. Wasn't overwhelmed after the first listen, felt like a few of those melodies have been heard before. I liked it better the second time around and will give it a few more turns before deciding what to do with it. It won't knock anything out of my top 5. Self-inflicted Wounds is sticking with me which is a surprise. I usually like the punchier songs.

Sometimes albums can be growers on you.
It may depend on the mood you are in when you first listen.
Redemption overall is a bit different from his past albums.I liked it from the first listen.But it has grown on me more. It’s not the guitar centric type album.BOD had more guitar which I prefer.That album was kind of a return to the guitar. Redemption is more song oriented overall.I have found the songwriting to be top notch after several listens. Overall I am loving it.

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

I just opened the CD case to read the insert and noticed a second disc. Is there anything on it? I'm too lazy to get out of the chair and turn on the laptop. Lol

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

77 (edited by BarbieD 2018-11-07 20:50:20)

Jane H. wrote:

? smile What?
I know of no extra disc! tell /  show more please!!!

Sit tight, Jane! I'll try to get to it tonight. smile

Edit: Uh-ohhhh! yikes The CD is from a local band. I must have thrown it in there to make room in the carousel.  Sorry for the excitement!

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

Jane H. wrote:

LOL thanks....it was a nice distraction for me though. I thought maybe you had gotten the golden cd or something.
FWIW most of my collection is not in the correct case big_smile

I was waiting on this also.
My mind was all over the place.Perhaps a secret bonus dvd or something
Or like you put it in and play it and you are informed you have won some mega bonaprize!

Your rock candy baby

gary wrote:

Perhaps a secret bonus dvd or something
Or like you put it in and play it and you are informed you have won some mega bonaprize!

Gary, what a great idea for J&R !!   Hellooooo office?

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

I think I LOVE this CD! I'm enjoying ALL the songs.  big_smile  Haven't been able to say that since Dust Bowl. Again I must say that I'm so glad I went to Indy for the show last weekend. It kind of jerked me back into Joe land after a year of life's distractions.

BarbieD wrote:

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

BarbieD wrote:

I think I LOVE this CD! I'm enjoying ALL the songs.  big_smile  Haven't been able to say that since Dust Bowl. Again I must say that I'm so glad I went to Indy for the show last weekend. It kind of jerked me back into Joe land after a year of life's distractions.

BarbieD wrote:

No better place to be the Joeland or Bonaville
Or is that actually Nerdville?!!

Your rock candy baby