Topic: BIC 13/10/2018.

Went to the BIC again last night for Joes final European gig until next year.Another great show with a lot of the new album, and sloe gin finale.I think his new set up is great with the girls adding to the sound,but was happy with the old shows as well.One of the girls wont be on next years tour ,so not sure what will happen there.He told us he is on the Jools Holland show this Tuesday so will be tuned in.My next show is at the Albert Hall April 2019,so looking forward to that venue again.I like the shows at the BIC as you can stand at the front next to the stage for the last third of the show.To watch the band from a couple of metres away makes it a great night for me.Superb guitar work close up,and all the musicians are world class.He has so many songs to chose from now,its hard to fit everybody's favourites in.The one i miss the most is mountain time,but never been disappointed yet.I've done the London madhouse trips loads of times over the years,and find the BIC a bit more of a relaxing place,especially when the suns out as well.

Re: BIC 13/10/2018.

Glad you had a great time but I was very disappointed to see Mountain Time disappeared again.  I am seeing him in a couple of weeks in Quebec and I NEED to hear that song again.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

Re: BIC 13/10/2018.

Hope the Quebec show goes well,and sure it will.I think the only chance of mountain time being played is as the encore judging by the set lists on tour.A lot of the songs will be from the new album,but he does make changes at times.Shout Mountain time near the end.If enough people do the same you may get it.Good luck.A classic song with a fantastic ending as usual.The sloe gin song got him in trouble when he left it out one time.He said a guy had took his girlfriend from another state just to hear that one.Sounds like he was a bit p'd off when it was left out.I think he told us that story at Hammersmith from memory.Very popular with most.I loved the acoustic on woke up dreaming the first time i saw him,but thats gone for now.Maybe he will do a back catalogue show one day if he gets time.I saw him at Brighton in April and he finished on hummingbird,a classic cover.In june at hampton court it was Sloe gin.Whatever he does it will be very good.