gary wrote:
reo l wrote:

Redemption - Behind The Scenes - Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82bE624 … ture=share

Love that song featured in there!

Me too Gary...sounds great.
I am looking forward to this album.

My Favorite Bonamassa Songs
Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack
Equipment For Listening To Joe
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones & Mad Ear+HD Headphone Amp

Re: Redemption announced

Really liked the title track. I  own everything Joe has done, but i think i'm going to wait and hear this one before I buy the whole album. I was disappointed with the British Blues album, then he's got his country album coming out, which I have no interest in and I'm just thinking, Joe is spreading out, which is great. But some of the stuff he is trying may not be to my liking. So I can wait and hope for the best,  because that's what Joe is, the best.

The only thing we deserve, is an opportunity.  Everything else has to be earned.

I wasn't crazy about the track at first listen, but it's definitely grown on me over the last couple weeks.  I usually like his original stuff a lot more than the "tribute" projects so I'm sure I'll pick it up day 1.

Jane you may be right about more than one song in the vid.Sometmes it’s hard to tell because you don’t know the songs yet.
As far as the lyrics I doubt  it has to do with the extra guitarists because I’m sure the songs were written before Kevin made that decision.
Is the redemption just referring   to the title track or is it an album theme ?
Could be based on a past love?
I guess more info to follow

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

Jane H. wrote:

thanks. i didn't mean the lyrics i meant what Joe said...I read in a newsletter
"We all need to be redeemed at some point in our lives...making this album, unbeknownst to me, started me down this path of redemption. One can argue i went kicking and screaming rather than voluntarily. Musically I hope it meets your expectations, emotionally i hope it encourages you to face your own short comings and come out the other side happier and healthier."
I was wondering what he meant.....

I think any of his devoted and loving fans would be worried after reading some of Joe's messages from the past few months. I can not stop myself from thinking about it, and with lack of information one can come up with all kinds of powerful assamptions, good or bad, but undoubtedly wrong.

24 (edited by reo l 2018-07-18 18:00:44)

Joe is talking about "Redemption" on today's interview:

" - I turned 41 years old and I've gone through my thirties, I've lived some life and you start making some changes health wise, life wise, I stopped drinking alcohol, I stopped collecting guitars if you going to believe that.  You just wake up one day and you go - man- not that I did horrible stuff, you just go - I wanna be redeemed, I want at least get some perspective on life. And I started writing this album and I didn't know I was gonna be making this changes when I started writing and it's just kinda shaped up and we started putting the songs together - redemption was a subconscious theme that kept coming in"

https://www.facebook.com/955KLOS/videos … 902661304/

whole video on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khxBGuth1Tg

Joe stopped collecting guitars?
Kind of like Bob Villa stops fixing houses !!

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

26 (edited by DougH 2018-07-18 14:41:40)

39 to 41 is a BIG step for most men.
Getting fit, "finding new girlfriend " , buying fast cars, etc.

From what I've seen women have 2 jumps, one at 30 (clock is ticking) and the other 47-50. (Clock stopped)

Maybe Joe found his "midlife " crisis

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Come on then Jane, as you appear to be the only forum member with the new CD you’ll have to give us a review!

Lester..

Got mine yesterday as well, just peeled the wrapper off now!

You only get to hear it for the first time once...then hear it over and over again!

Steve

2011 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Studio...among others.
Beacon Theater, New York, May 18, 2013/Keeping The Blues Alive at Sea, Feb. 17-21, 2015/3 Kings Tour, Bangor, ME, Aug. 12, 2015

hmv.com have the standard CD for £10.99, deluxe at £12.99 and vinyl at £19.99.
No bonus tracks unfortunately.

Lester...

I received my copy Sunday and have listened countless times. In depth comment on every song is not my bag. My 10,000 foot view is I think the complete work is awesome. I think it’s his best thus far. Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

31 (edited by DougH 2018-09-20 12:24:01)

I ordered my copy from Target.
At first they wanted $25 to ship to Canada,  I said NO.

Then I decided to send it to my brother in Buffalo.
Not only did I get free shipping, I got  the CD for  $12usd.

Bad news is... didn't know my brother would be In Europe when delivering time is scheduled.

I hope it's in his mail box when he gets home Tuesday

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Joe is going to be on Sirius Satellite Radio tomorrow, Friday Sept. 21st, at 12 noon EDT to play some of the Redemption album and also play some songs by other artists that he really likes...might be very interesting...

pat6put6man wrote:

Joe is going to be on Sirius Satellite Radio tomorrow, Friday Sept. 21st, at 12 noon EDT to play some of the Redemption album and also play some songs by other artists that he really likes...might be very interesting...

Ooo....I wonder if I can find that in the UK?

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet

Thanks Jane.
Can’twait.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Thank you Jane! Excellent review as always!

And here is mine.

Disclaimer: had to gather all my strengths to listen to the album from the beginning to the end - yes, it hits that close to home.

Here I go: raw unedited opinion after first listen

1. Evil Mama - OMFG - loving it. Oustanding. Lyrics, music,  everything - you nailed it!!!!!

2.King Bee Shakedown - buzzing - AAAA - awesome. Great. Just great #youshookme

3. Molly  O - no. Big no. Flaccid. Missing something substantial. Don't no what - but this hanging on one note is wrong. Love the lyrics though.

4. Deep in the Blues Again - another no from me , but a different kind.  Great song but maybe better acoustic? I don't know. Something missing.

5. Self-inflicted Wounds - it is a song about my life - so I better bow and listen.

6. Pick Up the Pieces - love,. love, love this song. Remember my english teacher here - " When you pronounce "P' in English - imagine you blowing the candle: "Ppppp"  pieces....  Phick Up the Pieces... I love you JOe....

7. The Ghost of Macon Jones - my favorite song. Love dual male vocal harmonies. Everything about this song is perfect. My favorite song of the album.

8. Just 'Cos YOu Can - A HIT. YEASSSS> Can I scream into you face Joe - """"""""""">>>>> it's me screaming ..... smile

9. Redemption. Hmmm... Greatt song. But too much gas on chorus. This IS a male song. Had to stay this way. Didn't need those high notes. Great music though.

10. I've Got Some Mind Over What Matters - I've bought my first plaid shirt because of JOE. Yes Joe - you are that powerful. LOVE YOU.

11. - have no words except if I ever  want to kill myself - this will be the song that I will crank up.

12. Love is a Gamble - sure is. And you are always winning JOE!!! Blues eluxe feel to bit.... love it... Thank you Joe, Band,  Kevin....

I’ve been burning this album up all day.  I freaking love it.  I actually think this may be his best album to date!   Well done Joe.