Topic: Joe across the years

Just wondering, I feel fortunate to have seen JB in most but not all forms live over the years. I've seen him at 13 in his early "Smoking Joe" band, live with Bloodline and a bunch of times in his solo band. Haven't seen BCC or his funk group. Anybody out there "seen it all"?

hardrain

Re: Joe across the years

Nope. I’vseen just about everything from’09 on though.
Rick

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

No can't say that I have, started seeing him in 2008, seen pretty much all the line ups since though!!

2006 for me.

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

I ‘joined’ in 2007 with Sloe Gin.
Managed to see Joe once in a small venue before he hit the big time!

Lester...

I've never seen the "Smoking Joe" band or Bloodlines but feel very fortunate to have seen the rest of the collection....RCFP, IMO, is not only the hardest to see but is my favorite group that Joe plays with....

I know what you mean Jane. When I moved from Syracuse, NY to Florida in 1995 It was impossible to keep track of Bloodline and JB. Thankfully I had talked to Joe's father when I saw JB at 13 and acquired his father's phone number. Some long distance phone calls to Utica kept me somewhat in the loop. Joe's father was very gracious to provide me with lots of hard to find information. (though my wife teased me that I was stalking Mr. Bonamassa) Because of that I was able to reconnect with Joe when he came to Florida to play at the Springing the Blues fest in Jacksonville.

hardrain

First time for me was in 2000 or 2001 at the Rathskellar in Indianapolis where he played for free. I had no idea what he looked like, and when the 'roadie' picked up a guitar and played a riff, I turned to my wife and said 'wow, that roadie is pretty good' 10 minutes later I found out the 'roadie' was Joe himself. Now the venue he plays is virtually across the street (the Murat Theatre) and tickets start at 80 bucks.
A year or 2 after that, he played at the Broad Ripple Blues Festival in Indy, and that night at the Patio in Broad Ripple. Caught both shows that day!
I have seen him at the House of Blues in Chicago, Eric Clapton's Crossroads Festival in Chicago, Rib Fests (!) in Indy and Ft Wayne. 5 or 6 different venues in Indy, and twice in Cleveland. Looking forward to seeing him in Indy in November. Bought the tickets through local PBS and they include admission to the sound check, so I am pumped for that!

“If I remember how this worked, you’d put a side on, and then you’d go and have something to eat, and then you’d put another side on.” … Mick Jagger

My first show was in 2004. Missed the Bloodline period.
But I've been to lots of shows in lots of places...all though the Midwest, Florida, Red Rocks, Greek Theater LA, London (2 trips, 5 shows). Looks like Bill C and I have been to some of the same Chicago shows.
I missed seeing BCC due to a conflict and haven't seen RCFP either.

"Rock ON & Keep the Faith"

my first show was last week.  Just found him about a year ago and now wish I had found him about 10 years ago.  Thanks god for Youtube and dvd's!