Topic: Joe Bonamassa Nashville August 11, 2018

All you need to know:

https://youtu.be/rGTbNTrsnYE
cool

I purposely cut off the “ch” sound at the end...

That’s some kind of Redemption... 

Rock ON & Keep The Historical Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Re: Joe Bonamassa Nashville August 11, 2018

They liked him!  They really liked him!  smile

"You know, it's just that people like this... you know... they get all they want so they really don't understand, you know... about a life like Frank's. I mean, when you've loved and lost the way Frank has, then you, uh, you know what life's about."

"How can "less be more"?  It's impossible.  "More" is more." - Yngwie Malmsteen

I saw his sat night show.  I could have sworn these shows he was doing Covers of classic country music songs.  I thought I saw that promoted.  I am not sad that he did not do that but I could have swore I thought these shows were billed as that.
All that said, he is still the best.  I will say the show was loud as h*ll.  At times I could not clearly hear what he was singing. 
Did any else see it that way? 
Pondering if I want to see him in Cincy in Nov.  Does anyone know if it will be the same show/setlist??

1yesfan wrote:

I saw his sat night show.  I could have sworn these shows he was doing Covers of classic country music songs.  I thought I saw that promoted.  I am not sad that he did not do that but I could have swore I thought these shows were billed as that.
All that said, he is still the best.  I will say the show was loud as h*ll.  At times I could not clearly hear what he was singing. 
Did any else see it that way? 
Pondering if I want to see him in Cincy in Nov.  Does anyone know if it will be the same show/setlist??

I heard several random quotes about LOUD.  Not my personal perspective though.  I am hearing Joe’s great singing more clearly than ever, but overall composition volume still can blur over his articulation, especially during an emotional crescendo (musical and lyrical together).

Loud, Thus show rocked...I missed the country bit, surely missed talking to Joe beforehand at The Baked Potato as I had hoped (he’s popular after all!) about the plan, and I think things took a dubious turn somewhere.  Puzzling, but I think I understand some of the missing pieces. wink

Rock ON & Keep The Faith,
Rocket

“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

There was NO country music (at my show at the Ryman) but then again didn't care that he didn't do it.  I just recall stuff on the web billing it as covering classic country singers songs. 
I love LOUD music, seen Rush to Metallica and all in between.  Joe show was loud as heck.  I think the venue played a part in it, just all wood walls, balcony with seats under it so the sound got trapped or whatever.  I was not familiar with some of the songs and could not catch all the words.  The ones he played that I knew I got the words but even then the show had a high end to it.  Other then the bass player, no low bass notes.  I would love to see him a bigger venue where the sound can breath a bit better. 
All that said it was a very good show, first Joe show for me.  He can play the F out of the guitar.  I wish I had discovered him 10 years ago instead of last year.  I have missed a lot of good tours it appears.  I come out of the YES/Genesis (Prog) camp so Joe was never on my radar.

1yesfan wrote:

I come out of the YES/Genesis (Prog) camp so Joe was never on my radar.

You may have come across this already but if not check out Joe Bonamassa - "Heart of the Sunrise" & "Starship Trooper" live at Rockpalast at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYV1jAey720.

I saw Yes in the Round in '79 in Pittsburgh.  Super impressive.

review http://musiccitynashville.org/music-fea … try-music/

Set Lists

8/9/2018                                                      8/10/2018                                          8/11/2018

King Bee Shakedown                                      King Bee Shakedown                           King Bee Shakedown                                               
Evil Mama                                                      Evil Mama                                            Evil Mama
Just Cause You Can                                       Just Cause You Can                              Just Cause You Can
Self Inflicted Wounds                                      Self Inflicted Wounds                             Self Inflicted Wounds
I Get Evil                                                        Some Other Day Some Other Time       I Get Evil
No Good Place for the Lonely                         Hidden Charms                                     No Good Place for the Lonely               
How Deep This River Runs                              No Good Place for the Lonely                How Deep This River Runs
Breaking Up Somebody's Home                     How Deep This River Runs                     Breaking Up Somebody's Home
Slow Train                                                     Slow Train                                             Slow Train
Nobody Loves Me But My Mother                   Driving Towards the Daylight                  Nobody Loves Me But My Mother
Boogie With Stu                                             Boogie With Stu                                     Boogie With Stu
Last Kiss                                                        Last Kiss                                                Last Kiss
How Many More Times                                   How Many More Times                          How Many More Times
Sloe Gin                                                         Sloe Gin                                                Hummingbird
                                                                     Mainline Florida

That review is obviously for the second night (Aug. 10) show.  It’s content rich and quite positive, but a bit off with the personnel department.  Must’ve been my obstructed view seat that night that hid Troy Cassar-Daley from my eyes and ears, or...I was napping?! roll   ...Not named Lee Thornburg, Jade McRae or Paulie Cerra (not a lady... and left out of a review again when he is so awesome). sad

Rock ON & Keep the Faith,
Rocket

For a dude that played as loud as he did, I won't see another show at the ryman, found it to be a lousy place for music.

1yesfan wrote:

For a dude that played as loud as he did, I won't see another show at the ryman, found it to be a lousy place for music.

My experience was vastly different than yours. G-R-E-A-T... cool cool cool cool cool.....................

Many posts on this forum similar to yours with some sometimes helpful processes for establishing parameters hopefully aiding enjoyment level. 

Loud? Yes! ( big_smile )

Preparedness, location (location location location location location location location) relative to sound versus architecture and room coefficients, and personal audiogram data points against musical notation equivalences; https://www.audiology.org/sites/default … nChart.pdf Thar’s Fizzukz gwon thar B-Youfert!!!

Rock ON & Keep The Faith,
Rocket

I am not one that likes to sit UNDER the balcony.  I think it hurts the sound.  I think that was much of my issue. 
I think he SHOULD put The Thrill Is Gone in all of his shows.  Great live tune!

Loved the Ryman from the balcony. Feels like you are right on top of the stage, no poles in your way, no overhangs. The sound quality was outstanding.

over all never a fan of a balcony seat.  The few times I have done it I felt they were playing to everyone BELOW ME.  ha ha