Topic: Target selling "Redemption" album with 3 extra songs

https://www.target.com/p/joe-bonamassa- … A-53807607

BONUS TRACKS
13. Black Roses
14. Stronger Now In Broken Places (Band Version)
15. Somewhere Down The Road

Re: Target selling "Redemption" album with 3 extra songs

Thought he (they) learned from last time about exclusive tracks

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

DougH wrote:

Thought he (they) learned from last time about exclusive tracks

Yep, I distinctly remember Joe saying he would never do the bonus track thing again...

Grrr.  Now have to try to cancel my J&R preorder.

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

You can never predict what J&R are going to do next.
Joe said he’d had enough of doing tribute concerts and look what happened there!
Annoying if you’ve already preordered thought.

Lester...

Guess I will get mine from Target

My Favorite Bonamassa Songs
Happier Times... Sloe Gin...Last Kiss...Lonesome Road Blues...Blues Deluxe...No Slack
Equipment For Listening To Joe
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones & Mad Ear+HD Headphone Amp

I think it's great:

1) Bonus tracks are always nice!
2) Music selling at retail is great to see!
3) There's enough interest in JB and blues/rock in general for Target to bother cutting a deal!

I held off on preordering, but I'll certainly do it now.  So I guess in that respect it worked.

I like supporting brick and mortar stores. I stopped buying from J&R because of that when Joe’s music began to be carried locally..
Bonus tracks! 

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

8 (edited by sally12333 2018-07-26 08:48:43)

Agree with Zeyer, I just don't care for J&R whiplashing the fans with the after-the-preorder-fact by only then coming out with the extra track option.  Feels like a slap across the face to Joe's most loyal... 

Oh well, guess I have more important things to worry about, but now twice burned, I've learned a lesson.

Of course always good to get extra music!

"To repeat a good thing is to sit still; to take a chance is to grow." - Joe Bonamassa
I need some Joe...NOW.
Joe = Joy

9 (edited by DougH 2018-07-26 16:45:38)

My main reason for not bothering pre-order some time ago, is it never gave any advantage to the pre buyer/fan
It only establishes the entry level into the charts for the artist

You dont save money,  have to add shipping on.
(BIG shipping if you live in Canada like me)

I don't need to be first on the block to hear the release either.

Better to just buy at a store I found

RickB wrote:

I like supporting brick and mortar stores. I stopped buying from J&R because of that when Joe’s music began to be carried locally..
Bonus tracks!

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

10 (edited by JJ 2018-07-26 15:33:11)

Jane H. wrote:

I just looked and noticed it doesnt look like Joe's store still sells individual digital songs but you can get the 3 bonus songs from DSOB by buying the whole album there. Doesn'[t look like the two bonus tracks from the Japanese edition of Balck Rock are available though. prob on itunes still maybe idk

I'd like Joe to make a "rarities" album w these bonus songs, the 3 from DSOB, Woke Up Dreaming from the Beacon Theatre, the 2 Japanese exclusive from Blackrock, the dvd/bluray only songs from Radio City Music Hall (and the 4-5 songs like John Henry that he played but didn't release),  Are You Experienced from Live From Nowhere....  He wouldn't need to make physical copies, just a digital album.

11 (edited by gary 2018-07-26 16:39:16)

The bonus tracks are a sound idea for a physical disc to boost sales versus downloads
Maybe it’s an inroads to Target with some in store promo.
So perhaps on website presale not the way to go unless you have to have it a little sooner. Some of the packages are nice if you want that but then you don’t get the bonus tracks so that sucks as well
No perfect solution for this if that’s what they want to do
  I guess biz is biz.Dont think it’s something to get too steamed up about.But I would be a little upset if I had bought the presale and now got this info just like the Best Buy  fiasco.If I did I would be looking for some redemption on this .

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

JJ wrote:
Jane H. wrote:

I just looked and noticed it doesnt look like Joe's store still sells individual digital songs but you can get the 3 bonus songs from DSOB by buying the whole album there. Doesn'[t look like the two bonus tracks from the Japanese edition of Balck Rock are available though. prob on itunes still maybe idk

I'd like Joe to make a "rarities" album w these bonus songs, the 3 from DSOB, Woke Up Dreaming from the Beacon Theatre, the 2 Japanese exclusive from Blackrock, the dvd/bluray only songs from Radio City Music Hall (and the 4-5 songs like John Henry that he played but didn't release),  Are You Experienced from Live From Nowhere....  He wouldn't need to make physical copies, just a digital album.

I had also mentioned this a few times before in the past about a rare tracks type album from his whole career.If there are enough good tracks on the cutting floor it would be cool.

Your rock candy baby

Thanks for the heads-up.  Ordered!

Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue, Gibson LP Standard Faded CSB, Gibson Gary Moore LP Standard, Epi Joe Bonamassa GT LP, Epi Zakk Wylde LP, Dean Michael Schenker Flying V, Jackson Randy Rhoads V, ESP/LTD George Lynch Kamikaze, EVH Striped Series R/B/W, Fender/Squire John 5 Telecaster, Fender Joe Strummer Relic Telecaster

That sucks for UK fans....

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet

Adrian J wrote:

Perhaps possible to order it on line  through target.com?
Don’t know if they ship word wide

Your rock candy baby

Don't know if I'll get shammed for mentioning this BUT those extra tracks usually end up on You Tube.... There's software to get music from You Tube....

gary wrote:

Perhaps possible to order it on line  through target.com?
Don’t know if they ship word wide

I don't know about shipping, but you can pre-order on Target's website right now: http://tinyurl.com/y8elk6c2

Terrance Shuman
Kansas City, MO

Adrian J wrote:

Looks like Target can send it to BorderFree in the US and Borderfree can send it internationally. 

https://corporate.target.com/article/ta … Borderfree