Re: My Next Concert (s)

Beth Hart last week very very good

Got tickets to see Kenny Wayne Shepherd and Beth Hart on August 10th.  It's likely I'll see something before then, but I'm pretty excited about that.  I've been wanting to see Beth live for a long time!

11th May - King King + Austin Gold @ Whitley Bay Playhouse

13th May - Laurence Jones @ Newcastle; Cluny

18th May - Federal Charm @ Newcastle; Cluny2

A quiet month - "quiet" being relative.......

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

1,966 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2018-05-13 12:01:29)

Greta Van Fleet w/ Dorothy ... Electric Factory ... Philly ...  tonight!

I'll give them ur regards Jane!

(Post show PS: really dug seing these two young rock bands live!)

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Rock on the Range Friday thru Sunday.

And Jane, I have main stage artist passes so I'll tell Gretta Van Fleet you said "hi".

Lance Lopez with Wes Jeans on May 23 at The Thirsty Turtle in Millbrook AL. Wes is wildly popular here and plays the turtle often, my chance to see both of them for the first time............... it should be a barnbarner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3vbrDBuMEM

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

The Rails - Newcastle Cluny - June 1st

Rolling Stones @ Olympic Stadium tomorrow. Not bothering with the support band.

"Going back to Dallas, living in the palace of the king". Oh boy were they good night before last, played several off of Tell the Truth and covered this Freddie King tune to a T. Lance was a bit distant or maybe just tired but he did make time to come over and chat with us briefly. My son was with me, we mostly hung out with Wes who was very chatty prior to the show because they are big buddies on facebook. I picked up a copy of the new CD and he was graciously signing everything. For a $10 cover this was an incredible evening with the backup guys Aris and Landis doing an excellent job on bass and drums. Wish I had a copy of the setlist but son knew almost all of it so no big deal. We even got some pics with Wes after the show and I looked like a zombie, he posted them to FB anyways. They played this one as well and ended with an extended version of Tell the Truth, just superb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M51OySVWgP0

As a side note there are a lot of musicians getting into posting recipes on Facebook, which I don't do at all. Go check out Lance's Pork Carnitas recipe, and also Popa Chubby's recipes are hilarious and cannot be posted here due to language ........ but damn funny stuff

ahsmith33 wrote:

Lance Lopez with Wes Jeans on May 23 at The Thirsty Turtle in Millbrook AL. Wes is wildly popular here and plays the turtle often, my chance to see both of them for the first time............... it should be a barnbarner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3vbrDBuMEM

As corn through a goose, so are the days of our lives

LaVendore Rogue @ Darlington Forum - 8-6-18

Ryan McGarvey + Catfish @ Hartlepool; Belle Vue - 9/6/18

"Dead Blues"....Phil Lesh, Luther Dickinson, Cody Dickinson, John Medeski, Roosevelt Collier, Tash Neal, Grahame Lesh and JD Simo....at Terrapin Crossroads in San Rafael, Ca. June 9th.....

"The Guitarsonist"...Chris Cain, Daniel Castro and Mike Shermer...at Sutter Creek Theater Jun 16th....

Matt Schofield....at Sweetwater Music Hall in Mill Valley, Ca. July 12th....

I see you are still putting the miles in Pat.

Next Monday I am travelling to London to see Greta Van Fleet then Joe at Hampton Court.

Kenny wrote:

Next Monday I am travelling to London to see Greta Van Fleet then Joe at Hampton Court.

See you at Hampton Court!

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

Stones at Edinburgh Saturday. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

samjp4 wrote:
Kenny wrote:

See you at Hampton Court!

Sandy

Nice one smile would have went to Ryan McGarvey if GVF weren't playing.

Aynsley Lister - Leicester June 6
Ryan McGarvey - Chislehurst June 7 & Borderline June 11
Sinead Burgess - Brighton June 9
Joe - Hampton Court June 12
King King & Others at Festival in Canterbury June 15

Kenny wrote:

Not that many miles Kenny, just can't sit home and listen to cd's....BTW, I forgot to put Danielle Nicole in there on June 24th at Biscuits and Blues...These new studies claiming longer life if you attend live music are spurring me into challenging Methuselah's longevity....lol..

Samatha fish free show tonight south park Pittsburgh pa.......:)

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........