Topic: Royal Albert Hall 2013 rig

Looks like two jtm 45s, a super lead and a friedman. Is this correct? The tone is amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQlibMRwKrA&t=3953s

you can see the amps at 1:05:53

Re: Royal Albert Hall 2013 rig

Note as he walks around that none of them are plugged in! big_smile The Friedman is even on standby.

Amp: Firebird Musical Amplifiers
Guitars: 2x 1962 LPs , 02 FB VII, 76 Electra Omega, 64 SG Special, 63 LP Jr, 73 LPC
Effects: Van Weelden ROD

Joe in those years was using a wireless pack.

He always has at least 1 amp in standby to switch to when some of his gear acts up

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

DougH wrote:

Joe in those years was using a wireless pack.

He always has at least 1 amp in standby to switch to when some of his gear acts up

Wireless or not, none of those amps have anything going into the input. Not that I can see in that video anyhow and they do pan through the amps.

Amp: Firebird Musical Amplifiers
Guitars: 2x 1962 LPs , 02 FB VII, 76 Electra Omega, 64 SG Special, 63 LP Jr, 73 LPC
Effects: Van Weelden ROD

When I saw him in Montreal on May 8, 2013, he had a Friedman head, a Suhr head and two vintage Marshall heads. I've read that, for that tour (2013), he actually used two Marshall JCM 2000 DSL heads and cabs behind the backline, backs to the audience, miked up for the FOH sound, green channel, tone knobs set flat and drive courtesy of a TS-808. I'll see if I can find where I read this (actually read this in a couple of places). I do remember Joe running to the small box Marshall on stage nearest the drummer to make a quick adjustment during one of the encores, so I guess at least that one was plugged in. As I recall (and I may be wrong), the other amps were either not plugged in or on standby.

Here is his own recommendation of a similar DSL rig from this forum!

https://forum.jbonamassa.com/viewtopic. … 63#p186663