1 (edited by reo l 2018-04-21 18:18:41)

Topic: Fender Custom Shop Recreate Joe Bonamassa's Sunburst'55 Tele

"The Fender Custom Shop Vintage Collector Series 1955 Relic Telecaster is Masterbuilt by Yuriy Shishkov, and limited to only 15 instruments. These guitars carry the classic features of Bonamassa’s ’55 Sunburst Tele; ash body, soft "V" neck shape with 7.25" radius maple fingerboard, 21 vintage frets, vintage bridge and a single-ply parchment pickguard. Two hand-wound pickups and 3-way switch come together to produce a fantastic Tele tone. This limited run includes a case, plus a special Certificate Of Authenticity signed by Joe Bonamassa himself.
The Fender Custom Shop Vintage Collector Series Special Mod 1955 Relic Telecaster is also inspired by Joe Bonamassa's 1955 Tele and appointed with the same specs, but with a special twist of a 3-tone sunburst that was non-existent on Fender Telecasters of that era. This Custom-Built run is limited to only 40 instruments exclusive to Guitar Center. '
https://www.guitarcenter.com/riffs/news … =4GOA7L2BB

https://twitter.com/guitarcenter/status … 6929835010

Re: Fender Custom Shop Recreate Joe Bonamassa's Sunburst'55 Tele

reo l wrote:

"The Fender Custom Shop Vintage Collector Series 1955 Relic Telecaster is Masterbuilt by Yuriy Shishkov, and limited to only 15 instruments. These guitars carry the classic features of Bonamassa’s ’55 Sunburst Tele; ash body, soft "V" neck shape with 7.25" radius maple fingerboard, 21 vintage frets, vintage bridge and a single-ply parchment pickguard. Two hand-wound pickups and 3-way switch come together to produce a fantastic Tele tone. This limited run includes a case, plus a special Certificate Of Authenticity signed by Joe Bonamassa himself.
The Fender Custom Shop Vintage Collector Series Special Mod 1955 Relic Telecaster is also inspired by Joe Bonamassa's 1955 Tele and appointed with the same specs, but with a special twist of a 3-tone sunburst that was non-existent on Fender Telecasters of that era. This Custom-Built run is limited to only 40 instruments exclusive to Guitar Center. '
https://www.guitarcenter.com/riffs/news … =4GOA7L2BB

https://twitter.com/guitarcenter/status … 6929835010

So another collaboration between Joe and Fender.... Could this mean fewer Gibson collabs, or does Joe have the clout to work with both?

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet

Re: Fender Custom Shop Recreate Joe Bonamassa's Sunburst'55 Tele

They are nice pieces....not sure about the Gibson contract stuff....who knows

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

4 (edited by DougH 2018-04-24 17:21:54)

Re: Fender Custom Shop Recreate Joe Bonamassa's Sunburst'55 Tele

Maybe Fender reaching out as Gibson goes into the $500million loan toillet this summer?

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Re: Fender Custom Shop Recreate Joe Bonamassa's Sunburst'55 Tele

$7545.00 & $4650.00

https://www.guitarcenter.com/search?typ … ssa+fender

Enjoy!

Re: Fender Custom Shop Recreate Joe Bonamassa's Sunburst'55 Tele

Rik Emmett Fan wrote:

$7545.00 & $4650.00

https://www.guitarcenter.com/search?typ … ssa+fender

Enjoy!

.

Ouch....that's a lot and I'm sure there is no wiggle room on them

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Re: Fender Custom Shop Recreate Joe Bonamassa's Sunburst'55 Tele

What's funny is that this is not the first, second or third Tele I think of when I think of Joe and Telecasters...

....I would love to see a team built version of Mr Nocaster!!

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet

Re: Fender Custom Shop Recreate Joe Bonamassa's Sunburst'55 Tele

Adrian J wrote:

What's funny is that this is not the first, second or third Tele I think of when I think of Joe and Telecasters...

....I would love to see a team built version of Mr Nocaster!!

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, why this one?

Re: Fender Custom Shop Recreate Joe Bonamassa's Sunburst'55 Tele

Yeah, when I think JB and teles, this one isn't even on the list.
I think perhaps the company looks at rarity and conductibility... then they find out JB owns it. And then he gets to put his name on it similar to Gibsons and Epiphones he has done in the past..

- Nic from Detroit... posting on JB's Forum since 6-2-2006
Ask me about my handwound Great Lakes Guitar Pickups
Since 2010, Bonamassa fans have taken advantage of my JB friend discount = my cost + shipping. cool

10 (edited by NickelWound 2018-05-07 23:15:10)

Re: Fender Custom Shop Recreate Joe Bonamassa's Sunburst'55 Tele

Now can Fender puh-leease redo a version of 'goldie'...

Re: Fender Custom Shop Recreate Joe Bonamassa's Sunburst'55 Tele

NickelWound wrote:

Now can Fender puh-leease redo a version of 'goldie'...

Yes!!! Heard he is getting it back soon!

12 (edited by Rocket 2018-05-17 21:26:08)

Re: Fender Custom Shop Recreate Joe Bonamassa's Sunburst'55 Tele

TeleMan23 wrote:
NickelWound wrote:

Now can Fender puh-leease redo a version of 'goldie'...

Yes!!! Heard he is getting it back soon!

Saaayyyyyyy WHHHUT???!!! yikes

My favorite Joe POS tongue guitar!!!!!!!m

But I’s Accept no substitute for Goldie!!!!!!!

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Re: Fender Custom Shop Recreate Joe Bonamassa's Sunburst'55 Tele

Rik Emmett Fan wrote:

$7545.00 & $4650.00

https://www.guitarcenter.com/search?typ … ssa+fender

Enjoy!

Yikes!

Well, I'm pretty sure I'd never buy a guitar (or amp) with artificial wear anyway. So the kids' tuition fund is safe. Now if they made the tweed twin unaged...  :-)

SenseAbility Gym, a 501(c)(3) public charity run gym and play space for kids with autism and sensory processing disorder. 100% volunteer staffing.

Re: Fender Custom Shop Recreate Joe Bonamassa's Sunburst'55 Tele

timb wrote:
Rik Emmett Fan wrote:

$7545.00 & $4650.00

https://www.guitarcenter.com/search?typ … ssa+fender

Enjoy!

Yikes!

Well, I'm pretty sure I'd never buy a guitar (or amp) with artificial wear anyway. So the kids' tuition fund is safe. Now if they made the tweed twin unaged...  :-)

I'm sure I heard that they are going to make a NOS version of the Twin...

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet

Re: Fender Custom Shop Recreate Joe Bonamassa's Sunburst'55 Tele

I bought one of these today.  It's a great instrument.  The neck is thicker than I'm used to, it seems thicker than my CS strat's U shape.  The tones are classic tell tones.  Spending a few hours with it made me wonder why I never got into tele's sooner, and why I lug those damn LPs around when not playing strats.  I'm happy with the purchase and think it's a lot of guitar quality for the money.

Fender CS JB 55 Tele, PRS McCarty 594, Gibson JB Goldtop LP, Gibson JB Tomato Soup LP, 1969 Fender Stratocaster, 1965 Fender Stratocaster, Fender CS 1969 Strat and a 1980s Gibson Custom LP lite. Fender JB Twin, Fender Hand Wire Vibroverb reissue, Kendrick 59 Bassman Handwired clone, Victory tweed HP twin.

16 (edited by macg1 2019-09-09 15:48:48)

Re: Fender Custom Shop Recreate Joe Bonamassa's Sunburst'55 Tele

Snake oil. You can buy a real, old Tele for that much money. But if collecting is your thing, and money is not an issue... enjoy.

Amp: Firebird Musical Amplifiers , Marshall Lead and Bass
Guitars: 68 ES-345, 02 FB VII, 76 Electra Omega, 71 54/58 LP, 73 LPC, 56 LPS
Effects: Celestial Effects, Origin Effects Slide Rig