Re: JB 59-Twin coming soon

rpic wrote:

No thanks.....I’d rather see a signature Marshall!

For those that have been here a while I find this kinda weird.....if ya know what I mean?
Oh well, gotta feed the JB machine ( This Train....don’t stop for no one. This Traaain...gotta mind of its own)

If you want a signature Marshall, just get a Silver Jubilee Reissue

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet

Adrian J wrote:
Rik Emmett Fan wrote:

Will there be an un-aged version for sale also?

Not that has been announced. As I say above, it would not surprise me at all if they release an unaged, non JB spec version at some point.

If it were Un-aged, I would buy one now.

#1-150 Aged & #151-300 Un-aged. I'll pay for #151 right now.

Take care,
Bill

21 (edited by DougH 2018-04-10 07:16:28)

I'd buy one if I needed 80w of tubes... I barely need 5 tube watts

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

WarrenWeldon wrote:

# JB0030 !!! Arrived just as I was locking the door to the shop and leaving a note for Fedex that I had to pick my wife up from the airport in Anchorage! No better timing could you ask for !! Inside box #3 was a thing of beauty ! Incredible Amp! Tomorrow I am going to get help moving it out to shop so I can crank it up all I want and run it through the Lehle P-Split with the 57 Tweed for kicks. It will get a workout Memorial weekend at The Great Alaska Music Festival, Then Possibly Salmonfest in August. Not sure this is a piece of gear I want to rent out much! so far the Tele, Strat and LP all are giving me goosebumps!!

Congrats on # 30.......Glad it arrived safe and sound and was tripled boxed......:)

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Remember to break it in first before just turning to 12.
If it was me. I might even let it run a couple of days with mp3's slowly turning up the volume

Enjoy

WarrenWeldon wrote:

# JB0030 !!! Arrived just as I was locking the door to the shop and leaving a note for Fedex that I had to pick my wife up from the airport in Anchorage! No better timing could you ask for !! Inside box #3 was a thing of beauty ! Incredible Amp! Tomorrow I am going to get help moving it out to shop so I can crank it up all I want and run it through the Lehle P-Split with the 57 Tweed for kicks. It will get a workout Memorial weekend at The Great Alaska Music Festival, Then Possibly Salmonfest in August. Not sure this is a piece of gear I want to rent out much! so far the Tele, Strat and LP all are giving me goosebumps!!

---------------

You can't  .

You have to create imgur.com account to save the pictures
Then post the link to it

WarrenWeldon wrote:

How do you post a photo??

---------------

25 (edited by cindyron 2018-04-11 23:04:15)

WarrenWeldon wrote:

Thanks for that. I thought I may have to use something like that but I've only uploaded Avatar pictures straight from the computer. I can't find any small enough to use on this site yet but I am considering buying a small digital for stuff like that. I only have a DSLR and I haven't used on any setting other than RAW and they are huge files. I suppose there is something in Adobe to convert them but I haven't studied it enough to find out. Thanks again,,

Most posting sites have a way to convert to the format needed

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

WarrenWeldon wrote:

Thanks for that. I thought I may have to use something like that but I've only uploaded Avatar pictures straight from the computer. I can't find any small enough to use on this site yet but I am considering buying a small digital for stuff like that. I only have a DSLR and I haven't used on any setting other than RAW and they are huge files. I suppose there is something in Adobe to convert them but I haven't studied it enough to find out. Thanks again,,

There is a pixel limit for avatars. Ask Jane. She’s a master.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

Jane H. wrote:

well I did see some posts by this new user but I think he has deleted them all?KB

I don't think he thought we were helpful at seeing his responses.

Looks like his posts are all gone off the forum except were some of us "quoted" him..

Oh well

---------------

DougH wrote:
Jane H. wrote:

well I did see some posts by this new user but I think he has deleted them all?KB

Looks like his posts are all gone off the forum except were some of us "quoted" him..

Oh well

That’s to bad but oh well he knew everything and would not listen to anyone. If he just thought before he spoke I am sure he would have been great to talk about gear.

"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

cindyron wrote:
DougH wrote:
Jane H. wrote:

Oh well

That’s to bad but oh well he knew everything and would not listen to anyone. If he just thought before he spoke I am sure he would have been great to talk about gear.

Sad to say, that his attitude and need to make bold claims etc almost made me doubt anything he said about himself.

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet

Adrian J wrote:
cindyron wrote:
DougH wrote:

Oh well

Sad to say, that his attitude and need to make bold claims etc almost made me doubt anything he said about himself.

Agree

31 (edited by Rocket 2018-04-15 03:26:38)

I kinda thought the opposite.  However, things are verifiable, so why run off if true?!  Dang, I was hoping he would be a good contact for Alaska...snow well!  hmm

And yeah, not listening to people in Joe’s Forum is a dumb move.  Actually, it’s a requirement.  That’s the mainstay way to stay connected, hooked up, stay somewhat in the know, get generally genuinely great advice (or information about anything-maybe even overhead space and other mathematical measurements and more, mostly meaningless meanderings) while joining in in generally good spirits with or without the blues, with this forum, from the very first iteration.  I’ve been listening for a looonng time.  This forum has an almost audible quality about it.  You can hear how quiet it goes if nobody is taking the time or making the effort to post in earnest.  You can also hear the din when significant numbers of the debating Team show up with their trophies!  By the way, open enrollment for tryouts is ON Right NOW! cool

Let’s get back to the Fender gender JB
high power cool niwTTwin cool topic............59 Twin-Amp JB Edition

Rock ON & Keep The Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

It stinks when a new user leaves and I hope he will be back... This really is the most polite, reverent and balanced forum I have ever had the pleasure of being a part of but at the same time sticking to the facts (which is helpful). Sometimes new poster's don't realize they are reading posts by others who have a LOT of experience.

As for pictures anyone can open a dummy Instagram account and post pictures there. Even post videos if they like.

Maybe he can come back and give things a second chance. Sounds like a 'gearhead' to me and they are always welcome in my book.

33 (edited by airportdon 2018-04-16 09:12:18)

Site says sold out....congrats to those who got one of the 150 initial run......:)

Looks like  they are taking orders to make more.....deposit of 349.99 & 6 months wait.
59 Fender Twin-Amp™ JB Edition + Two Tickets & Meet n Greets (USA ONLY)

Sold Out

DEPOSIT ONLY - MSRP $3,499.99: ‘59 Fender Twin-Amp™ JB Edition + Two Tickets & Meet n Greets (USA ONLY)

$ 349.99
https://shop.jbonamassa.com/collections … n-usa-only

Jane H. wrote:

I know Bad Kitty (forum username) has two of first 100 in her family, husband and son got them...numbers in the 40s i think

Maybe the owners will start listing their serial numbers

airportdon wrote:
Jane H. wrote:

I know Bad Kitty (forum username) has two of first 100 in her family, husband and son got them...numbers in the 40s i think

Maybe the owners will start listing their serial numbers

Good idea someone needs to take the initiative.....any takers?

I have serial number 0004 and spent the weekend breaking it in with a 65 & 69 Strats and a JB goldtop & JB tomato soup burst LP.   I love the amp.  I can't get sparkling clean from it but that's not what I got it for.   In a reasonable sized venue at the suggested JB settings it was very loud and I have to wonder how long the power tubes will last, but it was sweet.  I've mainly played the strats the last few years and the LPs through this amp was a powerful and articulate sound.  Every note comes through and there is a lot of that tweed saturation.  I kept the guitar volume about half for rhythm and rolled it up for leads (very tough to do when one is used to the ease of the Strat's volume knob).   It'll be a few months before I reach a final verdict on the amp but I was all smiles this weekend.  As with any tweed boosting is better than OD pedals, but the KOT, Doubleland and TS all worked well.   The main use for a pedal at that volume for me was to knock off some of the bass.   Realistically for what I do I think the sweet spot will be around volume 4.  From there I can boost up for more raunchiness or leads and still roll down for cleanish playing.   You can use a strat to get really good Hendrix like tones, ones that are good enough to convince me he likely used tweeds in some studio recordings.  Regardless I got a piece of history that will never leave my side while I'm still breathing.   This is not a bedroom or even really a basement amp.  It's loud.  Luckily I have a tweed champ that sounds similar enough for home practice.   I really want to thank Joe for making this happen.

Fender CS JB 55 Tele, PRS McCarty 594, Gibson JB Goldtop LP, Gibson JB Tomato Soup LP, 1969 Fender Stratocaster, 1965 Fender Stratocaster, Fender CS 1969 Strat and a 1980s Gibson Custom LP lite. Fender JB Twin, Fender Hand Wire Vibroverb reissue, Kendrick 59 Bassman Handwired clone, Victory tweed HP twin.