1 (edited by airportdon 2018-03-29 07:52:25)

Topic: JB 59-Twin coming soon

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0533/ … 9731576760

So will this be a pint to point or a circuit board made Twin.....???

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

2 (edited by airportdon 2018-03-29 08:02:07)

Re: JB 59-Twin coming soon

Just found this:

Next Wednesday, April 4, Fender and Joe Bonamassa will launch the new ‘59 Twin-Amp JB Edition. A reissue of Fender's “high-powered" ‘59 tweed Twin-Amp, the re-issue is the first time in 60 years that Fender has released a “high-powered” tweed twin model.

"The king of amps is back!" Bonamassa said in a press release. "It is one of the greatest amplifiers ever built, if not the greatest amplifier ever built."

Designed and handmade to Bonamassa’s specifications in Corona, Calif., the amp features a classic 80-watt Fender 5F8A circuit, a hand-wired eyelet board and Fender vintage-style “yellow” paper-foil-resin tone capacitors for original tweed-era tone and nuance. Three premium 12AX7 preamp tubes, a quartet of 6L6 output tubes that are matched and rated for high output and an internal bias pot also come standard.

The amp also features a 5AR4 rectifier tube, Bright and Normal channels with high-and low-gain inputs, custom Mercury Magnetics transformers, as well as two amp-exclusive 12” Celestion JB85 speakers.

The amp is housed in a finger-joined solid pine cabinet and features a lightly distressed cosmetic treatment with a lacquered tweed covering, Fifties-style grille cloth and a steel-reinforced leather strap handle.

Advertisement

The Fender '59 Twin-Amp JB Edition will be available for $3,499.99 in limited quantities exclusively at joebonamassa.com.

For more, head on over to fender.com.

Tags · Fender  · Joe Bonamassa

By Guitar World Staff

SHARES

Very disappointed if this remains only available through Joe's website as it means the price in the UK is going to be substantially increased by import taxes etc as well as not being able to get it built for 240V.

Also "limited quantities" mau scupper any chance of me saving for one before they're all gone.

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet

No UK shipping? sad

alex.p wrote:

No UK shipping? sad

It would be a lot to ship....probably over 500 dollars

On Instagram Joe said they're trying to work it out.

Seems easy to me. Fender distribute it to non-USA countries...they could convert/manufacturer it for the right voltage as well then.

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional

Damn shame.

I hope Fender release a non-JB version of this (that can then be modded to JB specs)...

WarrenWeldon wrote:

I doubt there will be any left April 4th as I was told they were about half sold-out as of 10AM Alaska time.

Wow these are selling super fast...congrats to all who get one.....:)

Still wish they'd find a way to open up sales outside of the US. That said if such a success I'd be amazed if Fender didn't make it a longer term run (fingers crossed).

alex.p wrote:

Still wish they'd find a way to open up sales outside of the US. That said if such a success I'd be amazed if Fender didn't make it a longer term run (fingers crossed).

I can fully see Fender releasing a more vintage accurate version (so Jensen speakers and maybe not the same PT with a non-distressed finish). They won't advertise or announce it yet because it could draw sales away from the JB version.

Maybe next year.... 60th anniversary of the 59 High Powered Twin...

Will there be an un-aged version for sale also?

Rik Emmett Fan wrote:

Will there be an un-aged version for sale also?

Not that has been announced. As I say above, it would not surprise me at all if they release an unaged, non JB spec version at some point.

14 (edited by airportdon 2018-04-04 13:31:11)

https://www.jbonamassa.com/merchandise/ … chaseLinks
Cool demo video with Joe and the new amp, sounds great......:)

International shipping shown as well

WarrenWeldon wrote:

Get em while ya can!!!

Sadly it would take me about 6 months to save up for one.... So I'm going to miss out. That said, I don't NEED one... The next amp in my rig should really be something Fendery, but with reverb...

Besides which I have a standing offer from a friend to buy his replica HPTT... One day I might and then JB it lol.

Good to see the goldtop out in public again. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

No thanks.....I’d rather see a signature Marshall!

For those that have been here a while I find this kinda weird.....if ya know what I mean?
Oh well, gotta feed the JB machine ( This Train....don’t stop for no one. This Traaain...gotta mind of its own)

18 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2018-04-06 20:39:33)

PSmith1946 wrote:

Good to see the goldtop out in public again. big_smile

+1 ... and +250!

(Cool to see Joe Perry and Ace Frehley still playing their CS Sigs out on the road 20 years after production (JP usually plays a USA Shop run) ... think they were the first 2 models to come out of the Custom Shop.)

Sorry for the Thread off topic .. but was thnking the same when I saw the JB Fender amp video ... very cool amp ... congrats Joe.

(Looking at the Pickguard of the Sig Goldtop in the video ... it may be one from the LP Standard run ... always good to see the Gold!)

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.