Re: Building a custom guitar for Joe

Hi Jimsty and everyone here who said something nice about my guitars; thanks for your friendly words!
The last thing I want is to be a pain in the ****. I don´t have any comercial goal at all, it is just about my wish to support Joe and the blues, just because I know I can. Since he said "would love to try one out one day" I suppose there still might be a little chance to put him one in his hands somewhere back stage some day, without any expectations nor dissapointment in any scenario. And yes, I am very happy by the fact that Joe answered me so nice, so even if that would be the last word I will be satisfied.

The latest album "Blues of Desperation" is another masterpiece of really rocking blues, full of sophisticated energy. The nuanced evolution of Joe´s guitar sounds by the years is very interesting. And inspiring...

Aspe Guitars: Have it custom built!

Hi Jasper,

with all my respect for your work, and probably the quality of your guitars, if you really know Joe very well, you probably know he is really a vintage geek, and the last years, he has been playing almost exclusively vintage guitars.

Why do I say that?? I really think Joe is now addicted to the feel of those instrument, and I can understand that, this feel of those vintage instruments is impossible to reproduce on a modern guitar, even if you do a good job at relicing the guitar...

This is my opinion, Joe is spoiled by unique guitars, and I don't say yours can not be unique, but I definitely think they are not what Joe is after right now... BTW I've never seen  Joe playing a luthier guitar, except maybe Tom Bartlett Retrospec prototype if I remember well...

I lived in Spain and love the passion for guitars over there, I wish you had a chance to prove I am wrong, but I really doubt Joe could be floored by a "modern" guitar, especially in the condition of a backstage...

Cheers, and good luck !!!

It has been a while, but after the "dry" talking about a posible guitar for Joe, now I just made a simple video in which they are to be heard and seen. At least this will complete the picture. Maybe some of you will enjoy it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b-y-HFo07c

By the way, I still would be delighted to present you a guitar someday backstage, just to ask your opinión wink

Jasper, Aspe Guitars wrote:

It has been a while, but after the "dry" talking about a posible guitar for Joe, now I just made a simple video in which they are to be heard and seen. At least this will complete the picture. Maybe some of you will enjoy it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b-y-HFo07c

By the way, I still would be delighted to present you a guitar someday backstage, just to ask your opinión wink

Hi it’s clear to me you put so much into your passion and building. I am sure they are stellar guitars. My two cents Joe is a LP Guy. He has some of the most vintage and wanted guitars on the planet. So I think he is a LP fan through and through. I wish you luck in your business and admire your passion.
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Hi Ron,
I think we all have a lot of passion for Joe´s music and music in general. As long as the blues will be played, we can be satisfied, that´s the main thing. You might be right, maybe we´ll find out one day.
Thank you so much for your very kind reply.

Jasper, Aspe Guitars wrote:

Hi Ron,
I think we all have a lot of passion for Joe´s music and music in general. As long as the blues will be played, we can be satisfied, that´s the main thing. You might be right, maybe we´ll find out one day.
Thank you so much for your very kind reply.

Things do change

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others