Re: Anyone going for the Doubleland Special?

yeah I agree, in the end it still cheaper than buying two overrated specials though.

holeshot1982 wrote:

I'm thinking a Green Rhino. lol Either way I'm good though, wasn't expecting to spend 300 this month anyway so I could wait until November as long as my pre-order is still good.

The Green Rhino is far superior to the doubleland special imo and certainly better than the OS.

Green Rhino although maybe not quite as quiet when driven, is far superior to the OS and the DS. Thats my opinion and yes i know tone/sound etc is subjective.

Adrian J wrote:
holeshot1982 wrote:

No pick tin like the Overrated Special? If it's not numbered then I suspect they decided to produce more than 1,000... I remember they did 1,000 at first with the Overrated, then decided to do another 1,000. Mine ended up being like 1,700 or something like that.

Pick tin, yes, but not numbered as far as I can see...though maybe I should have a look at the serial number.

Mine is definitely signed though, can't really see Joe signing another 1000...

I think it's more a case of these aren't selling due to the price and people already having an Overrated Special...

So you gotta a review for us yet? I watched this YouTube just a minute ago and it's making want to try it out at least!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pH7MvrV87Q

So have used it at a couple of jam nights now and love it. The way I'm using it is as a boost into whichever main OD I am using and have one side set as a clean boost (which usually gets used with Strat into my Green Rhino) and the other set with some gain (usually gets used with Les Paul into Dirty Shirley).

Have also used it with one side set as my basic drive sound and the other set as a solo boost into an amp on the edge of breakup.

I do agree with fastfret that the Green Rhino is a nicer sounding OD on its own (especially the Mk4 with the extra boost for 100hz), however I do like the DS the way I am using it and it's nice having a single pedal to stick in my gig bag for jams etc.

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet

Awesome!  Not sure if I'd still drop the 300 on it though. The next pedal on my list is a King of Tone but my name is still a good ways away. I've got the Prince of Tone and get along much better with that one then the Overrated Special.

My next pedal will be a Ceriatone Centaura...but I am also a ways down the list at the moment!!

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet