7 I Get Evil
8 Angel of Mercy
9 Slow Train
10 Driving Towards the Daylight
11 Boogie With Stu
12 Last Kiss
13 How Many More Times
14 Sloe Gin

2 (edited by Rocket 2017-12-02 18:14:15)

Re: 12/01/2017 Juanita K. Hammons Hall, Springfield, MO

reo l wrote:

Set List

1  This Train       
2  Mountain Climbing
3  Blues of Desperation
4  No Good Place for the Lonely
5  How Deep This River Runs
6 Cadillac Assembly Line
7 I Get Evil
8 Angel of Mercy
9 Slow Train
11 Boogie With Stu
12 Last Kiss
13 How Many More Times
14 Sloe Gin

Thanks for the setlist, especially without a slew of video links from people who aren’t here to comment roll on their experience, yet.

Since I haven’t seen or heard reports of a setlist for a while, it’s good to see ”Cadillac Assembly Line” being performed.  It wasn’t a highlight for me during the last 6 Three Kings / Live at The Greek Theatre shows.  But listening/watching CD/DVD/YouTube-Vimeo to that tour it has had some kind of infectious rebirth for me.

I hope dey got funkee! tongue

Rock ON & Keep The Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

A friend and I drove first drove up to Springfield in 04 for a show at Nathan P Murphy's and Joe tells the story of that night last night to the slightly larger crowd. https://www.facebook.com/jim.moody/vide … 860431515/ Not sure if this is acceseble without a Facebook account. If not sorry didn't upload to Youtube.

Rocket wrote:
reo l wrote:

Set List

1  This Train       
2  Mountain Climbing
3  Blues of Desperation
4  No Good Place for the Lonely
5  How Deep This River Runs
6 Cadillac Assembly Line
7 I Get Evil
8 Angel of Mercy
9 Slow Train
11 Boogie With Stu
12 Last Kiss
13 How Many More Times
14 Sloe Gin

Thanks for the setlist, especially without a slew of video links from people who aren’t here to comment roll on their experience, yet.

Since I haven’t seen or heard reports of a setlist for a while, it’s good to see ”Cadillac Assembly Line” being performed.  It wasn’t a highlight for me during the last 6 Three Kings / Live at The Greek Theatre shows.  But listening/watching CD/DVD/YouTube-Vimeo to that tour it has had some kind of infectious rebirth for me.

I hope dey got funkee! tongue

Rocket

Well...about "slew of video links" ... my only explanation is that I've been doing this since beginning of his fall tour 2016 - meaning watching every video available after every show. Just couldn't help it, simply had to do it. I guess it was my equivalent of necessity of seeing him every day. So one day I thought - I should post what I find at this forum, because every song Joe does at every show  is so amazing and special. Kinda like a diary. If you don't like it - keep scrolling, bonafan///

5 (edited by reo l 2017-12-03 09:15:30)

jim m wrote:

A friend and I drove first drove up to Springfield in 04 for a show at Nathan P Murphy's and Joe tells the story of that night last night to the slightly larger crowd. https://www.facebook.com/jim.moody/vide … 860431515/ Not sure if this is acceseble without a Facebook account. If not sorry didn't upload to Youtube.

Enormous Thank you for posting This ! What an interesting story!

I'd be really surprised if Cadillac Assembly Line was in the set.

This is the one and only report of it.

Doubt it was.

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

DougH wrote:

Doubt it was.

I only post set lists here I am 100 % sure about. Joe gave this set list to a fan after the show and she posted it on her fb page. It has a date on it.

And here is your proof: video of Cadillac Assembly Line from jim m fb page https://www.facebook.com/jim.moody/vide … 314962883/

jim m wrote:

It works for me without it, Jim.  That was great!  I love how Joe “remembers so well,” and has his very entertaining side talent of telling the tale of the tape in replay mode...

Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

DougH wrote:

Doubt it was.

I was in Fayeteville and Springfield Sloe Gin played at both Cadillac Assembly Line was at Springfield in place of Breaking up Somebody's home.

DougH wrote:

Doubt it was.

He also played it at the Detroit show

jim m wrote:

thank you jim for posting this. smile

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

12 (edited by DougH 2017-12-05 06:51:23)

I'll have to listen to 3 Kings more, Cadillac would have blown by me in the Hamilton show then

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

Jane H. wrote:

just wanted to say reo, I seriously appreciate all your posts including these show post, including every link you find....not sure what Rocket meant in his one post but i am glad you put it all here for me to easily find and reference when i have time
sure it'd be great if more folks posted about their experience here but thankfully they at least posted it somewhere public on internet that can be linked...

jim, thanks for post, cool you got to catch that story live...and yeah if your FB post is set to public I am fairly certain anyone can see it logged in or not....if you don't want things viewable to the public though you can adjust the privacy setting for each post

Doug.....no reason to doubt reo! big_smile

but, reo i did get curious about the venue name..cause of Juanita Tippins in the band...looks like a cool place...but the name is Hammons not Commons, maybe a spell check thing? https://www.hammonshall.com/About.htm

Thank you Jane !!! My mistake... ham instead of com smile  corrected