Topic: Are we getting a British Blues Explosion live album at some point?

Title says it all really. Couldn't afford to go to any of the shows due to being a poor student at the time...and the one show I could have done medical cover at, I was already on shift at work.

So would love to be able to add a live CD and Blu Ray of these shows to my collection!!

Any news??

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet

Re: Are we getting a British Blues Explosion live album at some point?

I would bet it comes out at some point.
Seems waiting for the right marketing time to drop it in.Lets see I would think next solo album next fall so perhaps spring release?

Your rock candy baby
Your hard sweet and sticky

I think we may get the next studio album before then, I'd say spring on that one and the live album next fall.

It does seem to be taking Joe's team a long time to arrange release this one. Considering the tour and the filming of the DVD in London was 14 months ago. I'd rather have had this DVD released than ANOTHER Acoustic. But hey ho. I would've thought they'd haw aimed for the Christmas 2017 market but so far nothing.  :-(

But while we wait we have the incredible Natasha and her hubby bringing us one of the best sneak peaks imaginable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LITasTJGR6g

Yes but I've yet to see/hear a bootleg that can beat an official release. 
In fact, whilst we're on the subject of waiting forever for releases - when is JB/Beth Hart album 3 ever going to get dropped! That was also in the can a year ago! hmm

It's funny how we are all pining over new JB material when he gives WAY more than any other artist does as it is....

That's his business model though. Market saturation.
He tours 300 dates a year, releases a new album every year, has different projects on the go simultaneously, emails his mailing list at least once a day, constant social media updates etc etc etc and so on. He is that kind of artist that doesn't linger on one thing for very long - always something new. So I don't see anything wrong with debating what the 'next' thing may be.
What I find odd is that he's had these two projects 'in the bag' for over a year and for all intents and purposes it seems like they've been mothballed.

Nah, nothing wrong with it, didn't mean for it to come off like I was against this thread. I could see the Blues Explosion getting put on the back burner when there's so many other things going on but I would think Beth Hart is up to her.. Unless of course it's in their agreement that he has say on it..... Me personally can't wait for the other studio album next year..... And it would be a nice surprise if we got more Christmas tunes.... He only recorded 6 and the the last one just got released last year.

10 (edited by nmagcorn 2017-11-10 23:30:49)

NickelWound wrote:

But while we wait we have the incredible Natasha and her hubby bringing us one of the best sneak peaks imaginable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LITasTJGR6g

I wish the sound had been better on that Dublin one. Speakers were over our heads pointing at the back of the room. It was a fun intimate gig though. The performance he did on the cruise of some of those songs was a pretty great one with better sound plus Mike Hickey on rhythm. Arrangements were a tad different and he threw in "Spoonful" just to shake things up a bit.
https://youtu.be/HAHA2FoErgs

Looking back at that Dublin show now makes me miss Spot. Really loved that guitar...

Maybe J&R feel there there isn't sufficient global demand at the moment for another live CD/DVD.
Have to be honest, I don't buy everything that Joe releases, sometimes less is more!

Lester.

I’m still hoping we get a live album of or at least include songs for Blues Of Desperation. That’s one thing I love about Joe’s releases. You can usually count on getting live versions of the hits from the album.

Guitars: Gibson 2015 LP Traditional in Honeyburst, Gibson LP Studio Deluxe, Fender American Deluxe Telecaster, MIM Fender Strat with Dimarzio Areas, MIM Fender Hss Strat,  Epiphone Sheraton II, Breedlove Acoustic
Amplitube 4 with Scarlett 6i6 and 2i4 interfaces through studio monitors.

post from Joe Bonamassa Fan Club page by Clint Jacobs:

"Good news straight from the Caveman. I asked him and he replied that the Bonamassa British Blues CD/DVD/BluRay release should be April/May 2018! I’m looking forward to that one. Forgive me if this is already well known info amongst the group. I have not seen anything about it anywhere though."

Thank for the update.

Don´t know if anybody posted this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Yht1A-8Q8w

Nice imagination how a dvd could be.

Nice, though not the best rendition of Motherless Children I've heard Joe do, seemed to lack some of the energy I've heard in others.

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet

The Wolf wrote:

Don´t know if anybody posted this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Yht1A-8Q8w

Nice imagination how a dvd could be.

Wow! Thank you so much for that post! Absolutely amazing and with the slightly stripped down band we get a reminder of 'old' Joe doing his thing. It's only 35 minutes long but if it were a DVD I would buy it as it is. Joe doing SWLABR clearly shows his unparalleled understanding of everything Clapton. The slightly rearranged version of 'Pretending' was pure Joe. Thank you again for sharing this incredible part of the show.