Topic: SD/Bonamassa Pickups...first run

I have been thinking about moving my SDJB pickups from the Magellan line into my D'Angelico semi-hollow body guitar and and getting a set of Principle Skinner for my '58 reissue.   

Has anyone tried the Magellan pickups in a semi hollow body?...what did you think...if not, those who ahve them, do you think it will be a good fit.

I get some great jazzy tones put of them and thinking they would open up my D'Angelico big time..

Your opinions and thoughts are greatly appreciated!!!

2009 Gibson Les Paul 1958 VOS (with black plastic)
2008 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Goldtop (with the cream plastic from the 58RI)
> Marshall Bluesbreaker 2 pedal >Boss sd-1> DD3 > Vox Ac15cc1

Re: SD/Bonamassa Pickups...first run

Anyone have any opinions?

2009 Gibson Les Paul 1958 VOS (with black plastic)
2008 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Goldtop (with the cream plastic from the 58RI)
> Marshall Bluesbreaker 2 pedal >Boss sd-1> DD3 > Vox Ac15cc1

Re: SD/Bonamassa Pickups...first run

LesPaul4 wrote:

Anyone have any opinions?

Hi well that's a question that is only answered by trying. I have found that the pickup needs to be tried to decide. So many variables the guitar howcits made, the pots , the caps etc. I have had 4 of the same les Paul's, JB gold tops original 300, tried the same pickup in each and they all sounded different.
Not an answer but reality
Good luck cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others