Topic: Anyone going for the Doubleland Special?

https://youtu.be/3CiSkz3SOnQ?t=5m24s

To sum up the video, it's 2 Overrated Specials in one pedal.... Cost 300.00.... "Limited" to 1000 to 1500 (others were supposed to be limited to a 1000 I thought but I ended up with like 1575! LOL

I'm torn on this one, I'm set for OD pedals, still have the overrated sitting in the box not being used, just didn't do it for me. However my taste change all the time so who knows...... One thing to note is it claims they will all be signed by Bonamassa. Anyone ponying up for one?

Re: Anyone going for the Doubleland Special?

Yep, pre-ordering one from Andertons, they have them in stock tomorrow, but I won't be getting it until the end of the month as only putting a deposit down until I get paid.

I love my Overrated Special and it runs great with my Green Rhino MkIV and I often take the 2 off my board for jam nights etc...

...so my plan is that the Doubleland Special will be my jam night pedal running in series.

Plus it's signed by Joe so, ya know, bonus!!

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet

Adrian J wrote:

Yep, pre-ordering one from Andertons, they have them in stock tomorrow, but I won't be getting it until the end of the month as only putting a deposit down until I get paid.

I love my Overrated Special and it runs great with my Green Rhino MkIV and I often take the 2 off my board for jam nights etc...

...so my plan is that the Doubleland Special will be my jam night pedal running in series.

Plus it's signed by Joe so, ya know, bonus!!

Yeah I broke down and Pre Ordered one to, from Sweetwater.. Got an e-mail today and said they will have them at the end of the month......I could set the OS for a good driven tone so who knows maybe I can set this up to be both, we see.... I'm not hurtin' for dirt pedals but you just never know. lol

4 (edited by Adrian J 2017-07-19 01:53:11)

Exactly and I figure that I can probably flip it without making much of a loss.

BTW, my OS is "1535 of 2000"..!! Let's see whether they stick to 1000 for the DS

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional

Adrian J wrote:

BTW, my OS is "1535 of 2000"..!! Let's see whether they stick to 1000 for the DS

It's funny, when it comes to pedals, that's usually how I think... "If I don't like it, how easy can I sell and make my money back?" LOL Usually don't lose too much which is fine with me since I did get a chance to play with it for a bit. LOL

I'm wondering how popular the pedal will be though because of it's price tag. With that price you start to get in hand-wired price range.

holeshot1982 wrote:
Adrian J wrote:

It's funny, when it comes to pedals, that's usually how I think... "If I don't like it, how easy can I sell and make my money back?" LOL Usually don't lose too much which is fine with me since I did get a chance to play with it for a bit. LOL

I'm wondering how popular the pedal will be though because of it's price tag. With that price you start to get in hand-wired price range.

Just had an update, Way Huge have pushed delivery back to November!!

Adrian J wrote:
holeshot1982 wrote:
Adrian J wrote:

Just had an update, Way Huge have pushed delivery back to November!!

I emailed Sweetwater and he said he's still showing 7/27. But he said he would keep a lookout and let me know if it changes.

If itbis going to be that long, then might get a Camel Toe to try in the interim...

I'm thinking a Green Rhino. lol Either way I'm good though, wasn't expecting to spend 300 this month anyway so I could wait until November as long as my pre-order is still good.

I love my Green Rhino mkIV, it's my main drive pedal!!

Just an update....

Now the guy from Sweetwater is saying 8/25

Well, cancelled my original pre-order way back because they went to TBC on the delivery date and instead added a 2nd Green Rhino and a Dirty Shirley OD Pedal to my rig.

However on getting paid today I decided to treat myself and was surprised to see that Andertons have 10+ in stock.

These don't seem to be selling anywhere near as well as the Overrated Special....

Adrian J wrote:

Well, cancelled my original pre-order way back because they went to TBC on the delivery date and instead added a 2nd Green Rhino and a Dirty Shirley OD Pedal to my rig.

However on getting paid today I decided to treat myself and was surprised to see that Andertons have 10+ in stock.

These don't seem to be selling anywhere near as well as the Overrated Special....

Yeah I cancelled mine to. Just got to thinking and really didn't want 2 Overrated Specials. There's other OD's that suit me better... But I question the 1,000 made cause I seen them all over the place, even in a local guitar shop.

14 (edited by Adrian J 2017-11-27 17:26:06)

holeshot1982 wrote:
Adrian J wrote:

Yeah I cancelled mine to. Just got to thinking and really didn't want 2 Overrated Specials. There's other OD's that suit me better... But I question the 1,000 made cause I seen them all over the place, even in a local guitar shop.

Yeah. Will be interesting to see what number is on mine and whether it has that all important tone enhancing JB signature on it!! Lol

I was constantly changing the gain and mid boost on my OS when switching from Strat to Les Paul, so selling that (went for £175 within 2 hours of listing it on ebay!!) and getting a Doubleland made sense to me.

I also like the idea of an OD and boost in a single pedal that I can just stick in the pocket of a gig bag for jam nights etc when you're not sure what amp you'll be going in to!!

"The Way Doubleland Special Overdrive is essentially two Way Huge Overrated Special circuits wired in series in a single pedal enclosure. While the pedal was designed for Bonamassa to address both single coil and humbucking guitars without needing an additional pedal, the circuits can be stacked in series for a more layered and thick tone."

Found this posted somewhere this morning, love the idea and wished I liked it more.

holeshot1982 wrote:

"The Way Doubleland Special Overdrive is essentially two Way Huge Overrated Special circuits wired in series in a single pedal enclosure. While the pedal was designed for Bonamassa to address both single coil and humbucking guitars without needing an additional pedal, the circuits can be stacked in series for a more layered and thick tone."

Found this posted somewhere this morning, love the idea and wished I liked it more.

Yeah, essentially how I'm using it.

Arrived today. Not numbered but is signed by Joe inside....

No pick tin like the Overrated Special? If it's not numbered then I suspect they decided to produce more than 1,000... I remember they did 1,000 at first with the Overrated, then decided to do another 1,000. Mine ended up being like 1,700 or something like that.

holeshot1982 wrote:

No pick tin like the Overrated Special? If it's not numbered then I suspect they decided to produce more than 1,000... I remember they did 1,000 at first with the Overrated, then decided to do another 1,000. Mine ended up being like 1,700 or something like that.

Pick tin, yes, but not numbered as far as I can see...though maybe I should have a look at the serial number.

Mine is definitely signed though, can't really see Joe signing another 1000...

I think it's more a case of these aren't selling due to the price and people already having an Overrated Special...