289 (edited by Champster 2017-06-07 17:48:00)

Re: Bona-Trivia

The other is "No Love on the Street" from Dust Bowl.  It came up just today in an iTunes random playlist rotation, and my dog absolutely started freaking out smile.

Jane H. wrote:

until konkman comes back....

i was so excited about this next question...got an official word on the answer....always wondered...then come here to post and realize it won't be too hard of a stumper because you have a 50 50 chance of getting the right answer!!!!

Are the two kids on the So, Its Like That album cover Joe and his sister?
yes or no......

Well, the girl seems to be younger and could have been Lindsay indeed. But I suppose tve boy isn't Joseph Leonard.
All in all: No.

Great trivia question Jane!  I am anxious for the answer.  Have wondered that often over the years.  I ACTUALLY/FINALLY have a trivia question to throw out once you wrap this one up.  I am going to go ahead and cast my vote for no also.  No real reason, just don't think it's Joe.  I also know he isn't a big fan of that album ( although I am).  So, I am going to say because of the bad vibes Joe has around the album it's not a picture of him and his sis on the cover.  Again...I know that is reaching and no real basis for my guess.  smile

I'll go with yes

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

293 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2017-06-20 20:39:57)

DougH wrote:

I'll go with yes

They look closer in age on the Cover ...
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ … e_That.jpg

when compared to this great picture ...
https://twitter.com/jbonamassa/status/5 … 4474450944

But I'll vote for "yes".

(Great question! ... how did you track the answer down?! ... No need to answer ... I dig that you know ... good enough!)

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Nice!  Thanks for the info Jane.  Good to know finally, and also to mark that one off the list of random stuff I have wondered about. 

Ok...here goes my question:

June 28th will mark the one year anniversary of what specific to Joe?  There, obviously, may be multiple correct answers here but I am looking for something specific.

and....go!

295 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2017-06-21 20:08:32)

Konkman wrote:

Nice!  Thanks for the info Jane.  Good to know finally, and also to mark that one off the list of random stuff I have wondered about. 

Ok...here goes my question:

June 28th will mark the one year anniversary of what specific to Joe?  There, obviously, may be multiple correct answers here but I am looking for something specific.

and....go!

The last time he Posted here on the Forum sad

When the date approached ... I was going to ask the Senior Class here ... it has to be a first ... the longest time period between posts? .. by a long shot! (Can see with a search easily ... but I mean even b4 this Version of the Internet Home.)

#ForumFirst

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

yeah....you got it Roadcaseboy.  I assumed one of the regular crew would be in the know too and would get it pretty easily.  Sorry to steal your thunder since it sounds like you were going to post about it.  I was curious and just checked recently to see how long it had been since Joe made an appearance.  It was fresh in my mind as a result.

I definitely don't consider myself part of the "senior Class",  but after almost 7 years of being registered on the forum and another couple lurking before that....I did finally reach Platinum status.  smile    (Not digging for any unwarranted kudos here...just Poking fun at myself.  )

I am not calling Joe out with this trivia question at all, but am holding out a sliver of hope that Joe will maybe see this post or a different one and feel compelled to pop in and say Hi at some point soon.  Definitely miss his posts/insights on here.

I don't know,  my dear forum friends. I have a feeling that Joe is gone for good from here, just moved on ( or maybe will do a little Christmas neutral message here or something like that ). He is growing so rapidly as a musician, I am sure his audience has tripled or more even since last year, especially after his Blues of Desperation album. He probably just doesn't have time to keep up with all his social media demands. Think about his life - he is 100 times busier then most of us, especially emotionally and creatively.
   He is on vacation right now - and what is he doing? - writing a new album!  for us!  Don't ask him come back here and post. I am absolutely sure he is always remembering about this place, especially about those fans that go years back with him and know where he started and seen him live many many times. Lets let him know that we love him unconditionally ( and I know we all do )

Ok and now- *reo's logic and practicality mode on*  - how many people actually read here - 200 -1000 hard core fans ( for life ). And his inst and FB posts - millions! With everything that is going on in the country and in the world many people are seeking refuge in music and on that path are discovering Joe. Again - his audience is growing exponentially. Where are they gong to go as fans - here? - certainly not. And he is attracting much younger people right now, especially in Europe, and they are on inst, and even that feels ancient to them. ( interesting statistics done: on any SM posts - 10% read, 1% likes, 0.1% comments smile so so true for anybody)

Writing on this forum requires time and energy. He gives out a lot of it on tour, and he does need time to recharge, spend time with his family, girlfriend, friends.
Think about him, not about yourself. I know you love and respect him enough to do it.

I've been thinking about it today Jane and you are right about one thing: there is one very major part that I am overlooking about Bonaforum people. Many of you have met him in person, been talking to him in real life or interacting with him in post - reply type of conversation. I can only dream about how special those real conversations might have felt. And why people are missing it and want it back. And here am I theoreticizing  about something I really have know idea about. Sorry for my misinterpretation of your and Konkmans posts. And I can truly understand and share the "I miss Joe" feelings.

And thank you Jane for reading my "shooting in the air" posts and talking to me. It means so much to me, I can't be thankful enough. Hope to meet you one day and talk to you in person.

299 (edited by Rocket 2017-06-23 21:09:32)

Jane H. wrote:

Thanks....I think though most folks here haven't met him or have the connection with Joe, other than through here. Part of the point. smile
And gosh it's how you and I met !!!!!!   big_smile

Alright, alright.  OK and okey-dokey, peachy keen.  Let's leak that reo dossier over in the inner inductions category.  VERY interested. smile

Intriguing points around, by the way.  Topic title worthy, perhaps? hmm

Now, back to the subject's objective here;...What's the current trivia question or whom doth we wait upon?! big_smile

Rock ON & Keep The Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Rocket wrote:
Jane H. wrote:

Thanks....I think though most folks here haven't met him or have the connection with Joe, other than through here. Part of the point. smile
And gosh it's how you and I met !!!!!!   big_smile

Alright, alright.  OK and okey-dokey, peachy keen.  Let's leak that reo dossier over in the inner inductions category.  VERY interested. smile

Now, back to the subject's objective here;...What's the current trivia question or whom doth we wait upon?! big_smile

Rock ON & Keep The Faith,
Rocket

Next questions in 2 parts:

- From which Italian region does the Bonamassa family come from?
- In which age did Joe's grandfather (paternal side), the trumpeter,
  die?

Anna Laura

die?

Anna Laura

"Joe is the son of Debra and Leonard “Len” Bonamassa, Jr.

On his father’s side, Joe is the grandson of Leonard D. Bonamassa, Sr. (the son of Dominick “Buddha” Bonamassa and Girloma “Mae” LoPresti). Both Dominick and Girloma’s parents were Italian, likely from Calabria. Girloma was the daughter of Stefano LoPresti and Caterina Arcona.

Sources: Joe’s paternal grandfather, Leonard D. Bonamassa, on the 1930 U.S. Census – https://familysearch.org

Obituaries of Joe’s paternal great-grandparents, Dominick “Buddha” Bonamassa and Girloma “Mae” (LoPresti) Bonamassa – http://www.findagrave.com "

great grandfather? - 1962 ( what a grim question smile  )

Rocket wrote:

Rocket

- hah?!!... no comprende, amigo Rocket! leak that dossier - scary smile  what can I say to that - whilst! smile

reo l wrote:

die?

Anna Laura

"Joe is the son of Debra and Leonard “Len” Bonamassa, Jr.

On his father’s side, Joe is the grandson of Leonard D. Bonamassa, Sr. (the son of Dominick “Buddha” Bonamassa and Girloma “Mae” LoPresti). Both Dominick and Girloma’s parents were Italian, likely from Calabria. Girloma was the daughter of Stefano LoPresti and Caterina Arcona.

Sources: Joe’s paternal grandfather, Leonard D. Bonamassa, on the 1930 U.S. Census – https://familysearch.org

Obituaries of Joe’s paternal great-grandparents, Dominick “Buddha” Bonamassa and Girloma “Mae” (LoPresti) Bonamassa – http://www.findagrave.com "

great grandfather? - 1962 ( what a grim question smile  )

Very quick, keen and detailed answers, reo I. Now it's up to you to ask the next question(s)...

annaforjoe wrote:

Very quick, keen and detailed answers, reo I. Now it's up to you to ask the next question(s)...

I think I will take a pass on posting the next trivia question. Don't have enough knowledge of the subject matter. What do I know, still a Bonababy...

if reo doesn't mine me stepping in to put this B-T Thread back into the Actives smile ...

What was Joe's first track to be offered for purchase on iTunes?

306 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2017-09-20 13:40:12)

Jane H. wrote:

on first thought...wasn't sure but You and Me came to mind
upon investigating slightly...thought i was correct but then i uncovered some info
and i am going to say
Blues For Bozo

if you meant just a Joe song...idk
the info I found above mentioned  the whole album....I'm wondering if maybe the first song was Asking Around For You?

wow!! ... ding! ding! ding!

I was intentionally a little vague ... "Joe's first track to be offered" ... I personally first would have thought a track as part of an upcoming Joe release ... but you are correct!!

Although Joe had a couple of solo Albums released to date ... his track from Bozo & Pals was Joe's first appearance for purchase on iTunes (along with the entire Bozo Album).  (Source: Pick Up Radio)

Well done Jane H. smile

Bozo & Pals - Get Down With The Clown
Blues for Bozo - featuring Joe Bonamasso
https://youtu.be/R0k7prjs80w

(PS: I don't do iTunes purchases ... but it appears not to be available anymore smile )