Topic: Chicago Theatre, March 10-11, 2017

I attended both of Joe’s gigs in Chicago over the weekend and I have to say that considering how sick he’s been, he put on a helluva show each night anyway. He reported to be suffering from bronchitis, a little more serious than the sinus infection that was previously reported. He seemed a bit more chipper on Saturday compared to Friday so maybe he is starting to come out of it. On Saturday night he was sporting a Breathe-Rite strip across his nose, a Band-Aid for his newly sliced finger, a box of Kleenex and a medium sized medical waste container on stage. He described himself as a calamity but all in good fun.

The set list was the same both nights – the one featuring the two Clapton songs in it.

The band was simply outstanding again. With the exception of the backup singers, if this lineup never changed, that would be okay with me. As for Jade and Juanita, they just don’t do it for me, ever, at all. I’ll stop there.

I also didn’t care for the new stage setup. I was sitting on the right side both nights and could barely see Michael Rhodes except when he came forward to jam with Joe. The rest of the time he was stuck behind Reece. I suppose Reece was moved forward so that he’s not blocking the backup singers. I’d rather watch Michael play.

Crowds were good and I noticed lots of younger people enjoying the shows. We had a quick chat with Paulie after the show – always a joy to spend a minute or two with him!

Joe, thank you for hanging in there this weekend and hope you're feeling better each day! We’ll see you in August for the Milwaukee makeup show!

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST

Re: Chicago Theatre, March 10-11, 2017

Thanks for the report!

We see our fist JB show Wednesday in Springfield and can't wait.

Just became a fan about 8 months ago and have dug pretty deep into his catalog. I am amazed.

BarbieD wrote:

I attended both of Joe’s gigs in Chicago over the weekend and I have to say that considering how sick he’s been, he put on a helluva show each night anyway. He reported to be suffering from bronchitis, a little more serious than the sinus infection that was previously reported. He seemed a bit more chipper on Saturday compared to Friday so maybe he is starting to come out of it. On Saturday night he was sporting a Breathe-Rite strip across his nose, a Band-Aid for his newly sliced finger, a box of Kleenex and a medium sized medical waste container on stage. He described himself as a calamity but all in good fun.

The set list was the same both nights – the one featuring the two Clapton songs in it.

The band was simply outstanding again. With the exception of the backup singers, if this lineup never changed, that would be okay with me. As for Jade and Juanita, they just don’t do it for me, ever, at all. I’ll stop there.

I also didn’t care for the new stage setup. I was sitting on the right side both nights and could barely see Michael Rhodes except when he came forward to jam with Joe. The rest of the time he was stuck behind Reece. I suppose Reece was moved forward so that he’s not blocking the backup singers. I’d rather watch Michael play.

Crowds were good and I noticed lots of younger people enjoying the shows. We had a quick chat with Paulie after the show – always a joy to spend a minute or two with him!

Joe, thank you for hanging in there this weekend and hope you're feeling better each day! We’ll see you in August for the Milwaukee makeup show!

I saw Saturday nights show, and WOW! I agree with everything you say here except the back up singers. What planet are you on? LOL. Those girls were incredible! I was amazed at the show, ESPECIALLY in light of Joe's illness. I hope he feels better soon!

Thank you BarbieD  for the great review!  And really hope Joe will feel better soon.

Have to agree with jbird1 about back up singers. Like them a lot especially in comparison to  fall tour ones...

Spirit wrote:

Thanks for the report!

We see our fist JB show Wednesday in Springfield and can't wait.

Just became a fan about 8 months ago and have dug pretty deep into his catalog. I am amazed.

Your in for a treat
Enjoy
Cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

BarbieD wrote:

With the exception of the backup singers, . As for Jade and Juanita,

Oh He did change backup singers from the fall..
just double checked Natasha's video from Palace Theatre back in November

she listed backups ("songbirds") as: Leesa Richards & Wendy Moten- Background Vocals

didn't know they did that..

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

DougH wrote:
BarbieD wrote:

With the exception of the backup singers, . As for Jade and Juanita,

Oh He did change backup singers from the fall..
just double checked Natasha's video from Palace Theatre back in November

she listed backups ("songbirds") as: Leesa Richards & Wendy Moten- Background Vocals

didn't know they did that..

Doesn't matter to me which ones are up there. I prefer the show with none at all. I'm there to hear Joe play and sing and I love the keys and horns filling in. Another layer on top, or in some cases in place of, is just too much and I think they are singing in too high of a pitch. That said, it's not going to stop me from going to shows. And, no, I won't continue to complain about it.

LIVE MUSIC IS BEST