Topic: Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue vs. Bassbreaker 15

I've been thinking about a new amp to add to the collection that'll give me a different color (tonality wise) to use on certain songs. I've been tied between the new Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue an the Bassbreaker. Right now I have a Marshall DSL40C and I use both channels and I'm looking for maybe a darker gain sound, and an easier way to make my clean sound project more as opposed to going on the classic gain channel on my Marshall and bringing down my guitar volume. Anyone have any idea as to which of these two amps is better suited for what I'm going for?

Re: Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue vs. Bassbreaker 15

saxguy101 wrote:

I've been thinking about a new amp to add to the collection that'll give me a different color (tonality wise) to use on certain songs. I've been tied between the new Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue an the Bassbreaker. Right now I have a Marshall DSL40C and I use both channels and I'm looking for maybe a darker gain sound, and an easier way to make my clean sound project more as opposed to going on the classic gain channel on my Marshall and bringing down my guitar volume. Anyone have any idea as to which of these two amps is better suited for what I'm going for?

I used to own a Blues Deluxe RI and have played regularly through a Bassbreaker 15 head and 2x12 cab. Personally I prefer the BB15 as it's more versatile. It'll give you a nice driven tone and a nice clean tone and is more usable than the BDRI in terms of volume (the BDRI is famously loud once the volume is above about 1 1/2).

Guitars: Fender American Original 60s Strat, Fender American Vintage 52 Tele, Gibson Les Paul Traditional
FX: Various including - Ceriatone Centura, Fire Custom Shop Carpe Diem
Amp: Fender ML212 Deville + 212 extention cabinet

Re: Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue vs. Bassbreaker 15

Adrian J wrote:
saxguy101 wrote:

I used to own a Blues Deluxe RI and have played regularly through a Bassbreaker 15 head and 2x12 cab. Personally I prefer the BB15 as it's more versatile. It'll give you a nice driven tone and a nice clean tone and is more usable than the BDRI in terms of volume (the BDRI is famously loud once the volume is above about 1 1/2).

Thanks, that's good to know. I have to run my DSL on Triode, and i still have trouble keeping it quiet! I'm just attached to the tweed look, but of course there's more to an amp than it's exterior.