1 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2017-01-02 12:30:58)

Topic: Team Rock Limited (TeamRock.com / Publishing / Radio) Bankruptcy

Read yesterday while looking to pick up the last Issue of The Blues Magazine (which came out this past summer) that Team Rock has filed for bankruptcy. 

If you are a subscriber to any of their Magazines (Metal Hammer, Classic Rock, Prog) there is an email address you can contact on their website.
http://teamrock.com

(Googling a bit on the subject after ... there were many hits on the subject ... mainly how Ben Ward of heavy metal band Orange Goblin set up a JustGiving campaign to help the 70+ employees who were abruptly let go without pay right before the Holidays ... and it has surpassed its Goal by 4x already, with a Benefit Gig announced as well.

Benefit Gig Planned for Laid Off Staffs of Music Magazines Metal Hammer, Classic Rock and Others
http://www.billboard.com/articles/busin … nced-staff

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Re: Team Rock Limited (TeamRock.com / Publishing / Radio) Bankruptcy

Latest edition is at the printers but Administrators have still to decide whether or not to continue with the magazine. Hopefully someone will take over that part of the business.

Crappy to be laid off at the best of times but to have it done to them just before the holiday period is very sad.

Not unwholly unexpected though; in the digital age I would imagine there will be many others following suit.

- I never found Team Rock radio station that good, - apart from Nicky Horne’s show. Bold idea to link magazine publishing with digital radio, which may have been their downfall.

My YouTube channel with plenty of my Joe's videos dating from 2009 inc his first Hammersmith Odeon ones:
http://www.youtube.com/ian916fun

Got hold of a copy of Classic Rock Issue 232 at the week-end. No word in the editorial about any financial problems; suppose we'll have to wait until Jan 25th when next issue is due out, if it comes out, to see what's happening.

Otherwise, not a bad read, looking back over "lost" albums of the 1980s.....

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

BansheeUK wrote:

Got hold of a copy of Classic Rock Issue 232 at the week-end. No word in the editorial about any financial problems; suppose we'll have to wait until Jan 25th when next issue is due out, if it comes out, to see what's happening.

Is that part of your subscription Mike? Haven't received mine. Previous owners Future Publishing have bought the mags :

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/ … are_btn_fb

Kenny wrote:
BansheeUK wrote:

Is that part of your subscription Mike? Haven't received mine. Previous owners Future Publishing have bought the mags :

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/ … are_btn_fb

I don't subscribe Kenny; I was just shopping in the local ASDA yesterday, and there it was...bright blue card sleeve and the last one on the rack. To be honest, after scouring WHSmiths as well as other big supermarkets since 28th Dec, I was beginning to give up on it; especially after seeing the start this thread.

I got mine in Germany 2 days ago. Received a mail first informing me of the re-takeover,
Never really bought Info the Teamrock thing. Too old school I guess. The mag has a Solid Fanbase but expect a price hike Anytime soon. I'll keep subscribing though.

No Hits, No Hype.......................Classic Rock Jan 2012

9 (edited by BansheeUK 2017-02-13 09:20:00)

Issue 233 is now out in the shops.(£5.99) There's an editorial about the problems but basically the former owners have bought the mag back (at a tenth of the selling cost).

Issue 234 will hit the shops around March 9th..... Subscriptions deals (for the brave) are available.

Edit:-  Word is that the Prog Magazine spin-off will continue from Feb 15th, but no mention of earlier casualty Blues Magazine, as yet.