Topic: Music From The Big House - Documentary - on AXS TV (11/30/16)

Music From The Big House - (released in 2012 ... filmed 2010)

Rita Chiarelli, an award-winning recording artist, takes a pilgrimage to the birthplace of the blues, Louisiana State Maximum Security Penitentiary a.k.a Angola Prison. She never imagined that her love of the blues would lead her to a historic jailhouse performance with inmates serving life sentences for murder, rape and armed robbery.

This musical journey is a glance into what used to be the bloodiest prison in America, but now gives lifers something to live for through the power of music. In contrast to sensational stories of convicts, we witness remarkable voices of hope as their love of music radiates humanity and redemption on their quest for forgiveness.

I happen to catch the last 45 minutes of this Documentary last night on AXS TV (if you're lucky enough that your Provider offers that in your HD channels lineup.)

AXS's Reel To Reel is showing it a few times in the next couple of days ...

Reel To Real: Music From The Big House - (1:40 run time)
Rita Chiarelli's exploration of Louisiana's Angola Prison, its inmates, and the blues music tradition they perform with her.

Wed 11/30 - 2 & 10 PM EST
Sat 12/3 - 6:20 PM EST
Sun 12/4 - 1 AM EST

Trailer: https://youtu.be/3M9_ILQa9IA (Caché Film and Television)

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.