1 (edited by Rufus 2016-07-31 04:01:49)

Topic: California Newbie says Howdy

Hello wonderful folk of the Joe Bonamassa forum!

I have been lurking for many months & finally decided to take the plunge & join the conversation. Thanks to everyone for creating such a warm, inviting, fun & informative space to connect with other music nerds. 

I am a new Joe Bonamassa fan.  Earlier this year, I finally googled "Jon Bonamassa" to see what all the fuss was about.  (I really thought that was his name--just one letter off!)  Long story short, like most of you here, I was immediately struck by Joe's amazing talent & virtuosity. Learning about his incredible work ethic, dedication to keeping the blues alive, down-to-earth personality, etc. made me a fan of the person as well.  I "get" & appreciate Joe's attention to detail & insistence on producing only the highest quality sound.

It's been a blast "discovering" Joe Bonamassa & his music & his legion of devoted fans. Looking forward to being a part of this great community!

I live in California.  I'll share more when I can.  Thanks for reading!
Rufus

So much music, so little time!

Re: California Newbie says Howdy

Thank you, Jane H.!  Pleased to meet you as well!
Rock n Roll, indeed!!!!!!!! smile cool

Hi & welcome to the group

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

Hi and welcome JJ, Rufus, whatever. Enjoy the company. big_smile

Come on the Blades (sorry Idolbone just had to borrow your line)

Rufus you're now on a excellent adventure

---------------

(If only I had 1% of Joe's guitar talent)

airportdon wrote:

Hi & welcome to the group

Thank you, airportdon!
I dig your signature line, I'm a huge Hendrix fan.  Was just rockin' out to Jimi yesterday!

PSmith1946 wrote:

Hi and welcome JJ, Rufus, whatever. Enjoy the company. big_smile

Thank you, PSmith1946!
I like your signature line.  The first line made me laugh & I absolutely adore Joe's live Beacon Theatre version of "Bird on a Wire."  Those vocals!  The Beacon Theatre "Bird on a Wire" moves me so much, and it did from my first listen.  Love songs like that!

Oh, & about the Rufus/JJ thing, I think I'm gonna edit my intro & just stick to Rufus since there's already a JJ on the forum.  (But thanks for using both!)  It just felt so weird at first to go by a nickname I gave myself.  I'm not on social media & this is the first forum I've joined, so this is all new territory for me.  It finally occurred to me that that is how it works when you use a nickname/username online--you pick it for yourself and that's what people call you, no big deal.  Anyway, nice to meet you! big_smile

DougH wrote:

Rufus you're now on a excellent adventure

Thanks, DougH, I am so happy to be starting this adventure!  I am wondering though-- Have I joined a cult?

I like your signature line--ditto here, also wish I could sing!

Welcome, enjoy your stay, you'll love it here!

"I may not believe in myself, but I believe in what I'm doing" - Jimmy Page

DislocatedBoy wrote:

Welcome, enjoy your stay, you'll love it here!

Thanks, DislocatedBoy!  Great choice of username--love that song!  Croatia, very cool, hope to travel there someday, explore the stunning coast & attend a wild, intense professional water polo game.  I love how this forum is such a global community--Zivjeli!