Re: Joe, Derek Trucks, Old Man Brown at Hot August Blues in Md. !!!

Jane H. wrote:

Ok so now they say they are gonna announce some of the line up later this week. its killing me
anyway
still searching for that one photo i hope someone captured - no luck yet but found some good ones otherwise
check this one out
http://www.flickr.com/photos/friedpixphoto/3838631730/
hot

Cool pics - I think the next-to-last one in the set might be Nico.  There is one of the back of Cathy's hat, too.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

Neat picture of the crowd!!  BTW,  I just noticed that the video I put together from last year is on the Hot August Blues web page.  Pretty cool!! 

Doug

Doug

Jane H. wrote:

new youtube with some vid and still pics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsLsq47avcc

also, the one dj at the classic rock station here, that i mentioned in another thread recently, really hopes that Joe comes back to Hot august Blues next year
just like the rest of us!!!

I have to say, that might be my favorite JB live picture ever! Those shoes are awesome! That was a great and memorable day. big_smile

ken wrote:
Jane H. wrote:

new youtube with some vid and still pics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsLsq47avcc

also, the one dj at the classic rock station here, that i mentioned in another thread recently, really hopes that Joe comes back to Hot august Blues next year
just like the rest of us!!!

I have to say, that might be my favorite JB live picture ever! Those shoes are awesome! That was a great and memorable day. big_smile

I got the information off Pollstar for the lineup so far:

Black Joe Lewis & the Honeybears
Jill Scott
Keb' Mo'

With the lineup so far i probably wont go this year,not as good as last year.

That's how I'm feeling at this point too, Bob.

And may I suggest, maybe once the line-up is announced, or even now, that we start a NEW thread for HAB 2010? wink

--Vik cool

Not sure if this was posted earlier or somewhere else, but I was stoked to find it:

http://vimeo.com/groups/livemusic/videos/10142650

A little Joe and Derek to brighten the day!

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

samjp4 wrote:

Not sure if this was posted earlier or somewhere else, but I was stoked to find it:

http://vimeo.com/groups/livemusic/videos/10142650

A little Joe and Derek to brighten the day!

Sandy

That was tasty!

Awestruck

Jane H. wrote:

Just bumping this thread back up in case my friend Mitch might easier find it if he ever decides to honor the promise he made me almost two months ago at the Chesapeake Bay Blues Fest - to come here and tell his story of how he got to witness Derek and Joe meeting before Derek's set and talking about jamming together and the guitar etc.
Mitch where you at??????????????????????????? wink

Mitch wasn't the only one. Bob had asked Joe earlier if he would jam with Derek. Joe said he'd have to be asked. Flash forward to backstage, pre-Derek. Bob asked Joe again and he said he hadn't been asked, so Bob asked Derek, who, in turn asked Joe if he wanted to play. Joe said he'd need a guitar and Derek said "No problem". Les Paul had recently died, and they put a gold? Les Paul in the spotlight. Then Joe came out and played it.  Bob and George were back stage too wink

315 (edited by Rocket 2016-07-21 15:15:43)

cathysiler wrote:
Jane H. wrote:

Just bumping this thread back up in case my friend Mitch might easier find it if he ever decides to honor the promise he made me almost two months ago at the Chesapeake Bay Blues Fest - to come here and tell his story of how he got to witness Derek and Joe meeting before Derek's set and talking about jamming together and the guitar etc.
Mitch where you at??????????????????????????? wink

Mitch wasn't the only one. Bob had asked Joe earlier if he would jam with Derek. Joe said he'd have to be asked. Flash forward to backstage, pre-Derek. Bob asked Joe again and he said he hadn't been asked, so Bob asked Derek, who, in turn asked Joe if he wanted to play. Joe said he'd need a guitar and Derek said "No problem". Les Paul had recently died, and they put a gold? Les Paul in the spotlight. Then Joe came out and played it.  Bob and George were back stage too wink

Cathy, I think you have Bob & I mixed up.  Bob was the secondary backstage area gatekeeper (Green Room I guess you could call it). George specifically asked Joe the question as he was recovering from his sweltering set, and Joe's reply was he'd have to be asked and he hadn't ...I said I'll be right back and personally talked to Derek and he strolled over from the Main backstage to the area Joe, you, George, Big Jeff, Eva, I and maybe others (Libby I think) were...I also think perhaps Mitch (no idea who he was?) version would be later in the evening., or (I just don't know Mitch)???????! 

Rock ON & Keep The Faith,
Rocket

"He still doesn't charge for mistakes! wink"
http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
"Everybody wants ta get inta the act!"
“Now, this isn’t your ordinary party crowd, here.  I mean, there are professionals in here.”

Reported