1 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2016-06-26 15:25:34)

Topic: In Springsteen's home state, a start-up feeds vinyl's revival

Was going to add this to a Joe Vinyl / LP Thread ... but what the heck ... a new Thread smile

Cool article caught my eye in today's Philadelphia Inquirer printed edition. It was the Business section lead ... and titled differently: In The Groove (cooler title smile )

For those of us who grew up in the vinyl age ... nothing like it (IMHO) ... sight and sound all together ... one of the few ways we could "learn something" about the band / artist back then. smile

There have been related articles during vinyl's recent uptick from near non existence ... I found this an interesting read.

In Springsteen's home state, a start-up feeds vinyl's revival (Diane Mastrull)
http://www.philly.com/philly/business/2 … vival.html

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

Re: In Springsteen's home state, a start-up feeds vinyl's revival

Thanks for sharing this.  I love my vinyl - pops, scratches and all.  Slowly but surely my collection keeps growing.  There is a record store near me that has a huge vinyl selection - new and used (but alas no Joe).  They reissue a lot of "exclusives" all the time.  Also bringing home one of Joe's is usually a staple in my suitcase every time I go to the UK.

Sandy

"There's a lot of people that are in so much of a hurry to be, I guess, to be famous or that they don't want to take the time to learn to play and do all that.They'd rather just knock it down off a computer and maybe get on a game show and get famous..That's fine if that's what you want to do.
"We're more old school than that. We like creating the sounds."  - Tom Petty

Interesting what is going on so close to where I live. Its always interesting how things circle back around.

So what do we think, all those vinyl records I saved may be increasing in value more so than my 401K right now???? lol

This hit me really funny..."It's like a crazy, hot ex-girlfriend," Miller said of rejoining an industry he thought he had left for good. "You only remember the good times. You never remember the freakin' roller coaster."

StringsforaCURE~Helping cancer patients one STRING at a time.
http://stringsforacure.com/

4 (edited by RickB 2016-06-27 15:19:19)

Angela wrote:

Interesting what is going on so close to where I live. Its always interesting how things circle back around.

So what do we think, all those vinyl records I saved may be increasing in value more so than my 401K right now???? lol

This hit me really funny..."It's like a crazy, hot ex-girlfriend," Miller said of rejoining an industry he thought he had left for good. "You only remember the good times. You never remember the freakin' roller coaster."

A pal was short on cash. I remembered his garage was crammed with old LP's and suggested he look into them. Bonanza! A prime condition "zipper front" Sticky Fingers was a good start.

Free download from Vienna! http://mbsy.co/bNLR
Lots of unique videos of Joe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwd5vL8fXTw
Buy Joe's merchandise here. http://www.jbonamassa.com/affiliates/id … hp?id=1381

5 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2016-06-27 19:29:50)

RickB wrote:

A prime condition "zipper front" Sticky Fingers was a good start.

Wow ... i remember my older sister had that album ... her boyfriend (8th grade's BF I'm thinking) "borrowed" it ... he and the album have been long gone! ... remember zippin that album cover like the 40 years ago was yesterday.

Ur welcome Sandy (for posting article) ... I have thought I'd really like to dip my toes into the new vinyl times ... with Joe's catalog ... but his CD / DVD releases ... store sales ... and spoiling us here in the northeast with annual / biannual shows ... has kept the Joe budget transactions active.  I can't remember the last vinyl I bought just before my first ever CD purchase ... Yes's Big Generator ... but I did pick up Joe's LFNIP triple slab a few years back (after buying the CD.) Dug the CD cover ... wanted a larger version ... but haven't dropped my old needle on it yet! smile

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

I had a considerable collection at one time, but after leaving home and travelling for some time my mother, in exasperation cleared out and gave away 2 full cases of LP's which was mostly my 'A-K' sections..........gone.......my original Aerosmith's, Genesis, King Crimson, Focus, Free and many other collections.
It was unforgiveable..........but hey......she was my Mum, after all. Thankfully, some misfilings on my part meant I later found some of my Eagles, Allman Bros, Humble Pie and Frampton albums nestling in 'S-Z'.

I don't play 'em much, sadly, But recently erected a couple of vertical frames ona large living room wall where I can display the gatefold covers, changing them at intervals. Universal cool reaction from visitors. As I sure with you guys, pretty much every one has a story relating to where, why and when I bought it. That in turn prompted me to actually write that down on a note inside.

Thats a bit of living history for my daughter when the time comes. She is as nuts about all that stuff as I am.

VIGVIG

(Vinyl is Great - Vinyl is Good)

No Hits, No Hype.......................Classic Rock Jan 2012