Topic: Nice find on Ebay if it is legit:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brownsville-Thu … SwZ8ZW2LCS

Re: Nice find on Ebay if it is legit:

I am no expert but I think it's pretty legit.  Buying it would depend on why you want it.  If it is simply for the signature then I'd look for something with more detailed proof of its authenticity.  If it is for the combination of guitar plus autograph then I'd go for it.  However, one thing I have run into in the past is preferring not to have a signature on any guitar I plan on using.  Over the years I have had the rare opportunity to own many guitars with artist's autographs.  It always bothered me when trying to play the guitar because I did not want to remove the signature.  Eventually, I got rid of all of them and chose to only own guitars I didn't have to worry about where I put my arm or where NOT to wipe when cleaning it.  If it's going on your wall...go for it.

"There's not much left for me to tell, I just got back up each time I fell"

The signature looks legit, that's how he used to sign back then. Personally I wouldn't want a signature on the body of any guitar I own, all my guitars get played regularly.

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Kicking up a past Thread with a new / unrelated post ... the Title fits with an item I saw on eBay yesterday ...

Bloodline Guitar Pick (Tortoise color) ...  Bloodline is in a standard looking font ... not the Bloodline logo as on the CD and that other picks for sale have had ... and ... has "He Died For You" printed on the Pick as well.

What say the Senior class members (or other well informed) ... Is there a Bloodline connection to that phrase?

(I googled the other bands The Bloodline and Bloodline .. a quick search didn't show a connection to that phrase song title wise ... maybe a lyric phrase?)

I see the seller was questioned if it was Joe B's Bloodline (shown down at the bottom of the listing) ... seller staying firm that it is ... has had the pick since 2005 ( smile ).  That's what prompted me to post ... forget the selling $ ... if it's not Joe B Bloodline connected as described ... the listing should be corrected.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-BLOODLINE- … RTM2247627

smile

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

JBLP#251 (unaged) ... thank you Ron.

What over $200 for a pick!!!
Come on people open your eyes geeeee

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

6 (edited by cindyron 2016-06-11 22:25:41)

That is not JB pick I know for fact it is not Joes

"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

cindyron wrote:

I wasn't on the prowl for it ... esp at that price! big_smile ... I was posting it up mainly as a BonaHistory lesson for myself ... since I never saw one like it ... and didn't know of any connection to the phrase on the Pick and Joe's Bloodline.

That said ... what kinda made me mad ... and also post ... the Seller has 100 Feedback, member since '03 ... and maybe he truly believes it is from Joe's Bloodline ... but when you are asked about your listing ... as he/she was ... your stance to show proof is "I've own it since 2005"?.  Oh, ok ... my bad.  I think for $225 ... he/she would double check their description claims and offer up something more substantial.  (Would u risk ur longtime eBay rep on making back $ if u indeed got took on the item?)

I realize Buyer Beware always rules ...  and I'm sure most who are after such items are pretty savy ... and such a high ask $ makes them more so ... as does I'm sure his/her reply when asked about the Joe connection.

(Guessing / hoping not a member here ... but even if ... hope they understand the questioning.)

(Also posted to keep the Forum active!! smile ... and where better to flush this thing out?!! smile)

"I was in Space for less than 2 weeks … and suddenly Jeaniene’s back … half the Band is off the gd wagon … we have comedians opening for us … and the nice kid that ran our website is now a kleptof’nmaniac.  Boy ... did you guys miss me!!"  Phil Valentine - Road Manager - Staton House Band

RoadcaseBoy wrote:
cindyron wrote:

I wasn't on the prowl for it ... esp at that price! big_smile ... I was posting it up mainly as a BonaHistory lesson for myself ... since I never saw one like it ... and didn't know of any connection to the phrase on the Pick and Joe's Bloodline.

That said ... what kinda made me mad ... and also post ... the Seller has 100 Feedback, member since '03 ... and maybe he truly believes it is from Joe's Bloodline ... but when you are asked about your listing ... as he/she was ... your stance to show proof is "I've own it since 2005"?.  Oh, ok ... my bad.  I think for $225 ... he/she would double check their description claims and offer up something more substantial.  (Would u risk ur longtime eBay rep on making back $ if u indeed got took on the item?)

I realize Buyer Beware always rules ...  and I'm sure most who are after such items are pretty savy ... and such a high ask $ makes them more so ... as does I'm sure his/her reply when asked about the Joe connection.

(Guessing / hoping not a member here ... but even if ... hope they understand the questioning.)

(Also posted to keep the Forum active!! smile ... and where better to flush this thing out?!! smile)

Roadcaseboy thanks for letting us all aware of this. I know for a fact this is not Joes. If a forum member got hosed on this and bought it so so sorry but need to check before you buy
Cheers Ron

Even if it was legit, with documentation, I don't think its worth the asking price. Just my opinion.

JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

10 (edited by cindyron 2016-06-12 22:19:59)

Rusty wrote:

Even if it was legit, with documentation, I don't think its worth the asking price. Just my opinion.

Agree 100%
Complete craziness and greed

Jane H. wrote:

FWIW, I haven't see them for a while, i used to have trouble with one seller - or it was two different sellers but was really the same co. they sell a ton of cds so i just think they don't keep track as well, but anyway they would advertise So Its Like That but use the public info from the SILT with the ANDY Live dvd which was a limited edition. they refunded me the time i bought one and only got the single cd edition but they refused to update their ad.

so they just play stupid in the hope of getting a score from a fan. What sleesballs

Since this thread has already gone off on a bit of a tangent....

The discussion prompted me to just search "bonamassa" on eBay, and I came up with this gem. A recording featuring Joe that I don't own:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/301983524276

Bozo the clown? It't on amazon too, but unfortunately there's no audio preview. So I can't tell if it's a must have or not. :-)

Nice!! Time to take down Mr. "I know it's legit becasue I've had it since 2005!"

Nice work ... good luck ... and thank u. smile

14 (edited by Rusty 2016-06-19 18:45:19)

Well, after some not so friendly back and forth with the seller, where I repeatedly pointed out that a claim of authenticity was being made with zero evidence, the following has been added to the listing:

PLEASE NOTE:  As there is no C.O.A for this item, which is not unusual, and it was

not handed to me personally by Joe Bonamassa himself, obviously I cannot verify that this is

absolutely from his band BLOODLINE ~ HOWEVER, based on my many years of buying, collecting,

and selling music memorabilia, and considering the item itself and the info provided to me from

the trusted collector I acquired this from, and the extensive research I have done, to the best

of my knowledge, and in my opinion, this is indeed a Joe Bonamassa BLOODLINE guitar pick.

JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

15 (edited by RoadcaseBoy 2016-06-20 09:37:27)

Thanks Rusty! ... I don't think I have seen such a description to an item priced based on its "authenticity" and rarity ... but then described as it can't be verified as to it's authenticity. big_smile

I realize the bay and internet are filled with similar items ... but at least you got him to put it in "in print".

He priced himself out .. even if authentic ... but u making him post the addition to his Description saved someone having buyers remorse even at $10.  Well done and appreciate it!!  (Now ... watch Joe post in and say ... "Oh, we have them made for a week or so back in '92 big_smile)

I'd maybe go for $5-10 now ... just in the name of BonamassaForumHistory. big_smile

Thanks again!

RoadcaseBoy wrote:

Thanks Rusty! ... I don't think I have seen such a description to an item priced based on its "authenticity" and rarity ... but then described as it can't be verified as to it's authenticity. big_smile

I realize the bay and internet are filled with similar items ... but at least you got him to put it in "in print".

He priced himself out .. even if authentic ... but u making him post the addition to his Description saved someone having buyers remorse even at $10.  Well done and appreciate it!!  (Now ... watch Joe post in and say ... "Oh, we have them made for a week or so back in '92 big_smile)

I'd maybe go for $5-10 now ... just in the name of BonamassaForumHistory. big_smile

Thanks again!

Guys my source is man himself. He told me it was not his pick

17 (edited by cindyron 2016-06-20 13:01:22)

Jane H. wrote:

Thanks Rusty. The guy didn't write back after I nicely explained i was a collector too and i quoted what Berry O. Jr. said.
oh wait he wrote back "x" , twice, whatever that is supposed to mean....I am glad i was spared from his unpleasant back and forth....

the mood i am in i'm glad he is in #_)(*&@#$%^&*( FL where they make the worst kind of blues purist - wouldn't be surpirsed if, blahblahblah $%^&*(()(*&^%  what a $%^&*({(*&^^&*()_

and thanks for the info Ron. I was going to go with telling him that my friend has Joe's phone number and I trust his comments, but i thought the actual quote from Mr. Oakley would have carried more weight. not so much an issue any of us buying that thing (well unless its 10 bux lol RoadcaseBoy smile ) but just hate to see anyone get rooked, including this seller....i browsed thru his other listings, didn't notice too much other than a bunch of old ticket stubs... I'd say good luck to him but he is on my %^&*() list now!

$#$%^*()(%@$^&*()_)*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Jane
well yes I do and it came from him so you would have been 100% correct. It blows my mind how people take advantage
I hope all is well with you
cheers Ron

18 (edited by David A. 2016-06-22 10:44:11)

I have talked with Joe about the Bloodline picks years ago and he told me he always has used the Jazz II picks. The yellow one I use to have was a Berry Oakley Jr. pick... FYI

Music is good for the Soul...