Re: Way Huge - Overrated Special

The pedal is sold out just about everywhere except England and with the VAT and exchange rate you'll be paying in the ballpark of $285.

Sweatwater states they have some on backorder that are part of the original 1,000 and you can pre-order.  They expect shipment by June.

If the secondary market holds up you might want to think about buying two and sell one and put a little coin in your pocket.

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

20 (edited by airportdon 2016-02-22 09:37:59)

I have a question....does number on the Pick tin ( 1/1000 etc ) match the number of the pedal...or is just the tin numbered ?

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

21 (edited by cindyron 2016-02-22 11:22:28)

misthunter210 wrote:

Got mine as well. Are we going to do a registry with these since they're limited? Mines 167.

sure you should start one
cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Is it too much to ask for one that's in the white 'effect pedal' box?  That was kinda funny how it drove people mad to know what it was.

AirportDon, I dont recall seeing a number on the unit itself, just the pick tin. I could be wrong but i hooked it up as soon as i got it and haven't taken it off the board yet.

Ron, got one started. Also asked if the mods could sticky the Bonabyrd Registry as well. Before long with all these limited products we will need A registry subsection almost.

Did anyone else catch that Joe said they were working on some other effect pedal and it may see release.? Mentioned it in the How to use Overatted Special video he did on Social Media.

Guitars: Gibson 2015 LP Traditional in Honeyburst, Gibson LP Studio Deluxe, Fender American Deluxe Telecaster, MIM Fender Strat with Dimarzio Areas, MIM Fender Hss Strat,  Epiphone Sheraton II, Breedlove Acoustic
Amplitube 4 with Scarlett 6i6 and 2i4 interfaces through studio monitors.

misthunter210 wrote:

AirportDon, I dont recall seeing a number on the unit itself, just the pick tin. I could be wrong but i hooked it up as soon as i got it and haven't taken it off the board yet.

Ron, got one started. Also asked if the mods could sticky the Bonabyrd Registry as well. Before long with all these limited products we will need A registry subsection almost.

Did anyone else catch that Joe said they were working on some other effect pedal and it may see release.? Mentioned it in the How to use Overatted Special video he did on Social Media.

thx for the info....pick-tin is numbered & not the pedal itself

And so castles made of sand melts into the sea, eventually.........

25 (edited by timb 2016-02-23 16:44:52)

some on reverb, $400-550.

There's a thread on TGP speculating that Dunlop may not have made/shipped all 1000, since (some?) retailers said they expect more May/June.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index. … 07/page-12

I like this quote on that thread:

Dunlop should call the second batch the Way Huge Fat Liar!

On the upside though, it's turned me on to Joe's music. Net win.

I'm sure we'll soon see a "back by popular demand" announcement.

Guitars: 1974 LP Custom, 2013 R8
Amps: '88 JCM 800 w/ TV cab, Tone King Falcon
Effects: Fulltone Clyde, Monsterpiece Stud, EP Booster, Strymon El Capistan

They are only doing a 1000.... Could of sold 3000 but alas trust me there are only 1004.   The four originals and the production run.  All are number and once they hit 1000 they are gone. Dunlop and Jeorge don't mess around ...
Joe B

Sweet, glad I got mine when I did. If anyone can grab one for a decent price I suggest doing so. I really haven't played with it too much with any other settings then Joe's but I need to get around doing it. I play through Amplitube for many different reasons but it really makes certain amps sing. Really great mids on it. I really like it with the New Red Pig which is a sim of the 200 watt Marshall major I believe.

Really interested in hearing what y'all are working on Joe. Wondering if it's another overdrive or some other kind of effect. I guess we should start watching the pedalboard for Protos soon.

Guitars: Gibson 2015 LP Traditional in Honeyburst, Gibson LP Studio Deluxe, Fender American Deluxe Telecaster, MIM Fender Strat with Dimarzio Areas, MIM Fender Hss Strat,  Epiphone Sheraton II, Breedlove Acoustic
Amplitube 4 with Scarlett 6i6 and 2i4 interfaces through studio monitors.

I finally got mine. What can I say... I would trade all the OD pedal I have just for this one. I use it in front of an already overdriven amp and it makes ever note sing with endless sustain. By far the best pedal I've bought in years.

airportdon wrote:

I have a question....does number on the Pick tin ( 1/1000 etc ) match the number of the pedal...or is just the tin numbered ?

The one I bought from Sweetwater did not include the pick tin (bugger!).  Maybe that was only from the JB Store?

mattopen wrote:
airportdon wrote:

The one I bought from Sweetwater did not include the pick tin (bugger!).  Maybe that was only from the JB Store?

Nope, mine had one and i did not buy mine at the JB store. Maybe they stole the picks???

You cant compare Jimmy Page with God. I mean he's cool and all, but he's no Jimmy Page!!

Mine's finally arrived, here in the UK. No. on pick tin 969...!

JB shows: Newcastle 2015, Hammersmith nights 3&4 2015, Calling Festival 2014, Newcastle 2012, Bridlington 2010
Guitars: Gibson Custom Shop Les Pauls; Skinnerburst #018 (Aged), Texas Burst (Heavy Aged), Fender Custom Shop Strat '63 Relic
Amps: Mini Jubilee Head, Carol-Ann Satin

Just received a call from Sweetwater and they got their shipment in today.  Most are spoken for but there are a few left.  Please don't hesitate.

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

What? In stock, and of course free shipping from sweetwater? But speculators on reverb want as much as $1000 for them:

https://reverb.com/item/2198646-way-hug … -overdrive

Although that one is clearly worth more because of this tidbit from that ad:

Up for grabs is a mint, #0039 Overrated Special!

Buy it while you can. I've heard the first #50 pedals were made with something different and more special. Could be folklore or true. Cheers

I love that it could be true part. :-)

I was on the Sweetwater list and I grabbed one. On a side note, I found out a few days ago that Guitar Center is opening a store about ten minutes from my home, how cool is that!

Play some cards & drink black coffee,
How I’d love to see you smile....
JBLP Std Goldtop
2015 R9 LP

Thanks for the post guys, just ordered one from Sweetwater... Wasn't really in the market for an OD pedal but if I don't like it I can always return it.