Topic: Way Huge - Overrated Special

I see on Twitter that this pedal will be available soon, limited to a 1000 units worldwide...

No pricing details as yet...

JB shows: Newcastle 2015, Hammersmith nights 3&4 2015, Calling Festival 2014, Newcastle 2012, Bridlington 2010
Guitars: Gibson Custom Shop Les Pauls; Skinnerburst #018 (Aged), Texas Burst (Heavy Aged), Fender Custom Shop Strat '63 Relic
Amps: Mini Jubilee Head, Carol-Ann Satin

Re: Way Huge - Overrated Special

If it is as noisy as the Green Rhino, I'll let this one pass...

Jimi75 wrote:

If it is as noisy as the Green Rhino, I'll let this one pass...

I don't play one but one of the other guitar players in my band does. His is pretty darn quiet and he is putting it through the high gain channel of an old 5150 100W head. Maybe you got a faulty unit?

Amp: Firebird Musical Amplifiers
Guitars: 2x 1962 LPs , 02 FB VII, 76 Electra Omega, 64 SG Special, 63 LP Jr, 73 LPC
Effects: Van Weelden ROD

Pre-ordered mine today...

JB shows: Newcastle 2015, Hammersmith nights 3&4 2015, Calling Festival 2014, Newcastle 2012, Bridlington 2010
Guitars: Gibson Custom Shop Les Pauls; Skinnerburst #018 (Aged), Texas Burst (Heavy Aged), Fender Custom Shop Strat '63 Relic

R8 LEMONBURST wrote:

Are there any demos out?

Amp: Firebird Musical Amplifiers
Guitars: 2x 1962 LPs , 02 FB VII, 76 Electra Omega, 64 SG Special, 63 LP Jr, 73 LPC
Effects: Van Weelden ROD

R8 LEMONBURST wrote:

Where from if I might ask? Guitar center don't have them up yet for pre order.

Guitars: Gibson 2015 LP Traditional in Honeyburst, Gibson LP Studio Deluxe, Fender American Deluxe Telecaster, MIM Fender Strat with Dimarzio Areas, MIM Fender Hss Strat,  Epiphone Sheraton II, Breedlove Acoustic
Amplitube 4 with Scarlett 6i6 and 2i4 interfaces through studio monitors.

R8 LEMONBURST wrote:

I see on Twitter that this pedal will be available soon, limited to a 1000 units worldwide...

No pricing details as yet...

That's funny, the Dunlop website doesn't mention anything about it being a limited run.

Guitars: Gibson 2015 LP Traditional in Honeyburst, Gibson LP Studio Deluxe, Fender American Deluxe Telecaster, MIM Fender Strat with Dimarzio Areas, MIM Fender Hss Strat,  Epiphone Sheraton II, Breedlove Acoustic

misthunter210 wrote:
R8 LEMONBURST wrote:

Where from if I might ask? Guitar center don't have them up yet for pre order.

GuitarGuitar in the UK...

Mine is on the UPS truck right now, "out for delivery" today!!
Got mine from Sweetwater for $199.00
I saw a tweet from Jorge Tripps that these were limited to 1000 worldwide..

Has anybody heard of Guitar Center is getting any. Right now Sweetwster looks to be the only store in the states that has them.

misthunter210 wrote:

Has anybody heard of Guitar Center is getting any. Right now Sweetwster looks to be the only store in the states that has them.

Got mine from Sweetwater on Tuesday.  Mine is very quiet even running through a high-gain Marshall channel.

I've ordered mine from the JB Store.

I have found that with certain pedals the difference between running them off a power supply or a battery can make a huge difference in noise. If it's really loud and noisy with a battery then a power supply could quiet it right down. Might that be the case here?

Bluesbreaker wrote:

Have you got a shipping notice yet? I got two day priority shipping but the email confirmation said the package could take a week to ship.

misthunter210 wrote:
Bluesbreaker wrote:

Have you got a shipping notice yet? I got two day priority shipping but the email confirmation said the package could take a week to ship.

No, all I've got so far is an Order confirmation by mail and another mail with the Receipt as a pdf file.
It says the pedal will ship within one week of the order being placed, provided the item is in stock. In stock it was when I ordered it, so...

received mine I suggest you follow Joes advise in use.
great peel
cheers Ron

"Joe B saved my soul, forever grateful Ron"
"Some people dream of worthy accomplishments while others stay awake and do them"
Skinner #1,JBLP 145(aged),252, (unaged),#285HM, Bburst #026, Joes 052 BCC black LP, Strat> RT,EC Gilmour,Beck,Lenny LP> PK 83,CC#2,3,4,9,Amps>Carol Ann RAH JB-100 SN 001,JB100 Red SN02,OD2, OD3,Tucana 2&3 Triptix,Twinkle land, Plexi ,JB Jub, Jubs,Plexi,Satch,Two Rock>others

Got mine today and it is as advertised! Awesome. I recommend Joe's settings also. Absolutely quiet and very transparent.

“You’ve gotta riff like your mojo’s magic…
Let your fingers fly like lightning unleashed…
Make your notes scream with the unbridled passion of a soul on fire…
And boogie like the Thunder of the Gods!”  LP 1974

18 (edited by misthunter210 2016-02-12 20:36:03)

Got mine as well. Are we going to do a registry with these since they're limited? Mines 167.