Re: Virgil and the Accelerators

Great news for the European fans. They comin' to Germany on 2 februari at The Rio at Eschweiler and on 24 April at The Spirit of 66 Verviers Belgium

On April 25 at Joldelund-Festival - Doubleshow with Dan Patlansky

I wish they would finally come to Hamburg!!!! We have nice venues and we are waiting for VATA!!!! (and Dan Patlansky too)

Must be awesome VATA and Dan Patlansky at the same gig

328 (edited by BansheeUK 2015-01-29 08:26:34)

Dates for VATA in Europe

Feb 02 RIO Eschweiler, Germany   

Apr 24 SPIRIT OF 66 Verviers, Belgium 

Apr 25 Guitar Heroes Festival w/ Dan Patlanski Joldelund, Germany     

Jun 14 RR Espania Benalmadena, Spain

When life gives you lemons; don't make lemonade.
Give back the lemons.  Why were the lemons free?  What's wrong with the lemons?
Do Not trust the lemons...

With the guys about to be back out on their Army of Three manoeuvres, here's a taster of a gig they did near me last October (the one mentioned in the post above....), there's a couple other clips there, making most of the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YidKGg01bwE

Shame no-one round here could slot them in on the tour next month.....

My pictures of their gig at The Spirit of 66 at Verviers on 24 april 2015

Foto's Walter Vanheuckelom : https://www.flickr.com/photos/walter_va … 755297927/

And my movies

3Virgil And The Accelerators Spirit of 66 Verviers 24 April 2015 Silver Giver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUDl7woOIP0

0Virgil And The Accelerators Spirit of 66 Verviers 24 April 2015 Blow to the head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUChpPUVyRE

2Virgil And The Accelerators Spirit of 66 Verviers 24 April 2015-Backstabber

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hujbzB02kco

Get ready for the VATA guys coming round the UK (and one-off in France) through the next couple of months, with new bassist Joel Wildgoose;

Nov 13 Touchline Live Hockley, United Kingdom 
  Nov 20 The Cluny Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom   
  Nov 25 The Robin Bilston, United Kingdom   
  Nov 26 Beaverwood Club Chislehurst, United Kingdom   
  Nov 27 Boom Boom Club Sutton, United Kingdom   
  Dec 04 Ruislip Social Club Ruislip, United Kingdom   
  Dec 09 The Musician Leicester, United Kingdom   
  Dec 10 The Tunnels Le Fousseret, France   
  Dec 12 The Flower Pot Derby, United Kingdom   

Gonna be rowdy........

Feels like everytime I go to see Virgil & the gang I have to grab a new and improved thesaurus as everytime, they take things to new levels. This time, we expected something different as this was to be the first show in 5 years without Jack tying down the bass, so what to expect with new boy Joel Wildgoose; how would it be.

Taking the stage, with the new hairstyle and the black leather suit, you couldn’t help the images of Gene Vincent or even Elvis (1969 comeback special); but this was no mere fashion statement, Virgil was out to rock, and as a band, they opened with a mighty Take Me Higher and tore through Blow To The Head before a pause for breath and diving headlong back, “The Preacher” really howling and snarling in Virgil’s fingers through All Night Long and Give It Up. A relaxed Virgil, in between numbers, even having a quip with the audience about full moons as they echoed one of the chorus hooks. New guy Joel really settled down on the bass and first time in front of a Geordie audience and with Gabba pounding away behind the transparent Natal kit, they flew through 88, The Storm & Bullet To The Head. Working Man really growled with new-found ferocity, as did Backstabber – this was Virgil in full flight, the solos just blitzed from his fingers, and from the tell, the way his eyes roll back, he was in the zone. The Lost and an anthemic Free closed the main set, which just seemed to have flown by.

No way were they getting off lightly, and they were called back for a tremendous encore; Virgil picking up his old Strat and pulled Silver Giver from a Hank Marvin Style start into an instrumental tribute to every guitar hero of the 50 years since, bringing it back to a tender close. Virgil going soft? Not on your life; as the last notes drifted into the ether, Virgil called Joel up to the mic as Gabba hit the high hats in an oh so familiar style and they just exploded into Rock and Roll; Gabba hammering the best version I’ve heard, not played by someone called Bonham; Virgil really flying on his riffs while Joel took on the vocals, and what a voice this guy has; and what stage presence: Virgil & the Accelerators? I think they’ve just been fitted with a NOX system. Great energy and vibe coming off the stage.

No doubt folk are aware that these are transitional times for the lads, on and off stage, and we hope they’ll weather through, but this night was proof that whatever goes on behind the stage, the music comes first, and a performance of this level just shows their determination.

Sad News - VATA are no more but looks like they will return named something else.

"Ladies and gentleman, friends and fans:
The band now formally known as “Virgil & The Accelerators” has sadly come to an end and will be returning sometime later under a new alias with a new identity.
There is no longer an official website and we are no longer able to access our Facebook page for VATA.
After a mesmerising 8 years of VATA, myself, Gabriel, Jack and Joel would like to say a heartfelt thank-you to all who’ve supported & believed in us, bought CD’s, T-shirts, other merch and most importantly, spread the gospel. It’s been a life altering and eye opening experience to have met, played for and with some incredible people all over and to realise how wonderful music loving citizens of the world really are. Thank-you all for that.
For the time being, please stay in touch and updated with us from our personal pages here, on Twitter and Instagram.
We ain’t dead until we’re buried..
See you soon…
Virgil McMahon"

Shame, but as the lad says, "ain't dead until we're buried"...... Looking forward to the return; save me a ticket......

All very strange

I will e mail a man who may know more

I thought it was strange a few days ago when I couldn't get on their site or Facebook.on the one hand it's disappointing,as I was hoping for another UK tour this year,but if they are coming back with a new name I don't suppose it's that bad.but why have a new name? No doubt there's more to it than we know.

I hope they still have control of their songs.

Re-reading the statement again,I noticed the bit about being unable to access their own Facebook.strange,something's up.

...Virgil was up on stage with Aynsley last week... well worth a watch Peep's!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN6H4HUKaPM

Everyone is born a genius, but the process of living de-geniuses them.
R. Buckminster Fuller

Such a great band sad

I've noticed a few dates in April and may this year for them,using the Virgil and the accelerators title.are they back to using the name? What's going on? It's all a bit strange.

manticore wrote:

I've noticed a few dates in April and may this year for them,using the Virgil and the accelerators title.are they back to using the name? What's going on? It's all a bit strange.

I've noticed this too.... hard to say whether the promotional info hasn't caught up with last month's news, or whether the lads will honour existing bookings....